Effective Technique

ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please return to the original topic. Please keep the conversation polite & respectful.

jks9199
Administrator

Just in case you're missing the point, thread drift and shots are getting to be a major issue. We're getting tired of it. Keep it up, and we'll be issuing Warning Points.

I once got a call to a juvenile detention facility for an out of control 14 yr old. This was a private run facility with no guards just staff that wasn't allowed to touch the kids they had to call police if there was a problem. Well I get there and the staff asked me to "scare" him a little. So I go drill instructor on him. He stands up balls his fists. So I say "you think your tough you don't have the guts to hit me. Your just a punk kid do it" Well he did punched me right in the face.
You and I both learned a valuable lesson don't ever tell someone to hit you............ they just might

Though if they throw their best shot and you are still stood there with a smile on your face it does shake them........and of course you then say 'my turn'.

Many years ago when I first became an instructor I was showing the strike with the web of the hand to a student and foolishly said go ahead try it. That was a mistake I never did again. Yes it hurt and caused me breathing troubles. Thankfully the student did not use excessive force

So was that the case of the instructor becoming instructed :) Anatomy is not a strong point, can never remember a back from forehand, not that has ever mattered. So the web of the hand inside right, like the palm. Can were you was struck and the name of strike? Obviously an effective technique. Just curious??

It is however incumbent on posters to use words and phrases that are understood. If they aren't understood and an explanation is asked for, that explanation should be given in such a way as to go over clearly what was meant, not to make fun of the person who doesn't understand.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has used the techniques described in the OP and if so what were the consequences?

the bulk of mine were grabs. And the result was they made a gurgling sound and slowly collapsed.

it is interesting that although they had their hands free nobody ever hit me.

and i agree with op on the effectiveness of throat attack on a guy on drugs. It seemed high percentage.

the bulk of mine were grabs. And the result was they made a gurgling sound and slowly collapsed.

it is interesting that although they had their hands free nobody ever hit me.

and i agree with op on the effectiveness of throat attack on a guy on drugs. It seemed high percentage.

I don't think you can term that an effective technique. Half strangling someone, anybody with enough bulk and strength can do that all night. That is not technique, just brute force imho.

So was that the case of the instructor becoming instructed :) Anatomy is not a strong point, can never remember a back from forehand, not that has ever mattered. So the web of the hand inside right, like the palm. Can were you was struck and the name of strike? Obviously an effective technique. Just curious??

Palm facing downward strike was with the web between the first finger and the thumb. I was struck in the throat across the Adams apple. And yes I differently was instructed by the student that day.

I don't think you can term that an effective technique. Half strangling someone, anybody with enough bulk and strength can do that all night. That is not technique, just brute force imho.

there is a technique to it.

Palm facing downward strike was with the web between the first finger and the thumb. I was struck in the throat across the Adams apple. And yes I differently was instructed by the student that day.

Right got it. Across the apple eh. Crikey that would have to be precise no?

most strikes to the throat seem to have a nasty effect. A correctly placed one can be devestating

there is a technique to it.

Yes you right there is technique to it. It is a collection of techniques that have crapped out. Thus the resorting to brute force. That was my point there. It is not an effective technique, you would still be open to being struck wherever someone being chocked would react.

Yes you right there is technique to it. It is a collection of techniques that have crapped out. Thus the resorting to brute force. That was my point there. It is not an effective technique, you would still be open to being struck wherever someone being chocked would react.

you would think that. But it doesn't happen.

you would think that. But it doesn't happen.

Oh right, you are a 100 per center that never fails. Now is that slightly ambiguous reply directed towards me, or just dismissing someone's voice as per usual. Sorry, I am stupid, state thread intentions clearly please :)

Oh right, you are a 100 per center that never fails. Now is that slightly ambiguous reply directed towards me, or just dismissing someone's voice as per usual. Sorry, I am stupid, state thread intentions clearly please :)

it would make sense that if i grab someone by the throat he has his arms free so he just punches me untill i let go.

but it just doesn't happen.

what does this prove?

nothing. But i thought it was pretty funny.

is he drunk?

Right, well being heavily dyslexic, the posts are sometimes very difficult to follow :confused:

Right, well being heavily dyslexic, the posts are sometimes very difficult to follow :confused:

it is a discussion. Considering I can waste pages on flame wars. I think i can take the time to expand or explain stuff.

Back