“Best” Martial Art

The best martial art is the one that resonates with you, the one you're in the arena sweating and grinding for. Every style has its strengths and suits different needs and personalities. So, instead of getting caught up in which art wins out, it's all about stepping into the arena and experiencing the journey for yourself.

The best martial art is the one that resonates with you, the one you're in the arena sweating and grinding for. Every style has its strengths and suits different needs and personalities. So, instead of getting caught up in which art wins out, it's all about stepping into the arena and experiencing the journey for yourself.
Upvoted for valuing direct experience.

Well just for fun it seems that more people win more often with a striking KO than with submission in MMA. 33%vs 25%. I personally don’t think this stat means much since MMA people need to know both. Cowboy has the most KOs at 20 and Charles has most submissions at 16. I wonder how many of these guys will be healthy and fit enough to fight in their 60s? Quite a few of the MMA stars of the 1990s can barely walk, let alone fight. Maybe the discussion could hold a sidebar about which martial art is best for maintaining the ability to fight after 60 years of age. How many people in their 70s are ready to fight @Kung Fu Wang ?

Well just for fun it seems that more people win more often with a striking KO than with submission in MMA. 33%vs 25%. I personally don’t think this stat means much since MMA people need to know both. Cowboy has the most KOs at 20 and Charles has most submissions at 16. I wonder how many of these guys will be healthy and fit enough to fight in their 60s? Quite a few of the MMA stars of the 1990s can barely walk, let alone fight. Maybe the discussion could hold a sidebar about which martial art is best for maintaining the ability to fight after 60 years of age. How many people in their 70s are ready to fight @Kung Fu Wang ?
Boxing

Agreed. in my 50's I don't repair quite as well and I don't react quite as well but I move better.
I believe you are going to react the way you would habitually. Learn both but maybe focus on what your end goal is and your age and capacity. I know how to grapple, to a degree. However it's not likely my go to at this point.
I'm likely more to focus on hail Mary techniques to possibly get me out of that situation, create distance and time in case I need to re engage. I'm less focused on fighting and more surviving.

Back