Banging

Originally posted by jeffkyle
Nothing like a good slap to the face to get your attention and get the blood flowing...and to Piss you off! :)

Nah, doesn't piss me off a bit... Surprising, to be sure (I'm learnign to expect it now, though), but it doesn't upset me. It's just training!

Originally posted by Jill666
I love banging!

Don't we all!!! :D :D :D

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
Nah, doesn't piss me off a bit... Surprising, to be sure (I'm learnign to expect it now, though), but it doesn't upset me. It's just training!

I agree! For the sake of training it is alright! But it definitely strikes a nerve...even when you know it is coming! ;)

Originally posted by Dan Anderson
It means the guy can lay the wood to someone's butt. Mike Tyson was a good banger before he went off the deep end.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Man, that is just an unfortunate choice of words. This guy was in prison, remember.:eek:

Originally posted by Kirk
I've heard this term used, e.g. "he's a good banger" or "we like
to get together and bang" often. What does it mean? Can you
give examples?

At first, I thought it meant someone that knew how to really dish
it out, but without killing you on tech lines. Then I thought it
meant they were really good at sparring. What does it mean?

You're kidding? You really don't know? Cmon Kirk... Read Robbo's post... it's like... right on the money. :rolleyes:

I agree with Robbo, banging is the culmination of good technique, power, ability, and havin fun hitting and being hit. It can be in a a technique line or sparring. There is no better feeling than the endorphin rush you get from a good class when everybody ripped off the techniques on each other like there is no tommorrow. Anyone can hit and be hit and walk away with lumps and bruises, banging goes beyond just the physicality, it becomes transcendent and addictive. When a person has truly banged they long for their next fix.

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
Sifu Starr (a.k.a. Yilisifu) is the Headmaster of Yiliquan and the current Chairman of the Yiliquan Association.

Sifu Hachey (a.k.a. Chufeng) is the Senior Instructor for our club and is the Regional Chairman for the PacNW chapter of the Yiliquan Association.

Ok, cool thanks for the info. You guys had me confused on this Yiliquan thing. I've never heard of your art before so let me slide by a little bit.

I am just the current dojo *****/crash test dummy for our club... :D

Every school needs at least one;) .

unless Chufeng unleashes the Capitol Hill ***** Slap or RyuShiKan hits me in the liver, in which cases I may stay on the floor for a while...

You guys are cool. Isn't RyuShiKan in Japan? Do you travel back and forth to train or is he here in the States?

RyuShiKan isn't a Yiliquan student, though I suspect in the cosmic sense of things he is just as Yili as any Yili boxer...

RyuShiKan does Taika Seiyu Oyata's Ryu Te Karate. I had the wonderful honor and opportunity to not only train with him, but to be his friend. I only trained with him for a very, very short time in Japan, though I hope to return late this summer to visit with, drink with, carouse with, and "ohyeahbytheway" train with him. :D

The Yiliquan folks on MT are Yilisifu, Chufeng, ECYili, Yilijinglei, Wormtail, Erkki and lil' ol' me. I know that several other Yili seniors lurk here occasionally, but they haven't posted that I am aware of...

Hell, one of them thought that Arnisador was me! Go figure...

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

Latest Discussions

Back