Another obscure "Weng" Chun system found?

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on this Youtube channel for a little while. I can't read Chinese and thus don't understand what's going on here, but here's what appears to be another Wing Chun system using the "Weng" character ć°¸

Crucially, it has a dummy, a long pole and butterfly swords, and uses vertical fists. Otherwise, there's very little that resembles what most would think of as Wing Chun. If anything, much of it looks like White Crane, but it doesn't appear to actually be White Crane either. Anybody have an idea of what's going on here?

Anybody have an idea of what's going on here?
The title mentions "Four Gates Bagua". The narrator appears to be named, "Brother Yong Chun Jun". Seems like it could be a White Crane blend from Yongchun in Fujian.

I've been keeping an eye on this Youtube channel for a little while. I can't read Chinese and thus don't understand what's going on here, but here's what appears to be another Wing Chun system using the "Weng" character ć°¸

Crucially, it has a dummy, a long pole and butterfly swords, and uses vertical fists. Otherwise, there's very little that resembles what most would think of as Wing Chun. If anything, much of it looks like White Crane, but it doesn't appear to actually be White Crane either. Anybody have an idea of what's going on here?

It’s not too good, whatever it’s supposed to be. Lots of fast food out there purporting to be “the best”.

Some movements in his form that look identical to some in fuzhou whooping crane that I have dabbled in. I concur that this is likely one of many related Fujian short bridge systems. Disagree that it is somehow "not good", but that's a matter of perspective.

Latest Discussions

Back