An Aikidoka's controversial journey into MMA: Is it helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMA is a sport.

Aikido has been around for thousands of years.

Today's MMA fighters are not magically tougher than every ancient martial artist or warrior

Getting angry, aggressive and running in trying to punch someone's head off only works in a ring, when life is not on the line, and no death strikes are allowed. Its like running into battle with your balls on your face. It's easy to beat someone up when they're not allowed to simply end you, and if you're sure they're not going to be using any environmental weapons or whatever they may be carrying. Masters of Aikido could take down Samurai
Do tell.

3836649.jpg

So, in summary, you're not the bad *** you think you are. Nor are you even close to being some amazing warrior, even if you win the UFC whilst teabagging your opponent

MMA is a sport.

Today's MMA fighters are not magically tougher than every ancient martial artist or warrior

Getting angry, aggressive and running in trying to punch someone's head off only works in a ring, when life is not on the line, and no death strikes are allowed. Its like running into battle with your balls on your face. It's easy to beat someone up when they're not allowed to simply end you, and if you're sure they're not going to be using any environmental weapons or whatever they may be carrying. Masters of Aikido could take down Samurai
Their power is in their time traveling abilities. It's hard to defeat time travelers you know.

MMA is a sport.

How has Aikido been around for thousands of years when its founder was born 135 years ago?

Their power is in their time traveling abilities. It's hard to defeat time travelers you know.
Riiight

Because Americans today are the baddest warriors ever to live.

In fantasy land.

Where you're apparently from.

That's really the epitome of ignorance and arrogance

So, in summary, you're not the bad *** you think you are. Nor are you even close to being some amazing warrior, even if you win the UFC whilst teabagging your opponent
So in summary, are you the badass I think I am? Is that the takeaway?

How has Aikido been around for thousands of years when its founder was born 135 years ago?
Its a modern form of an ancient art.

But that's all myth & lore is it, like Ninja or Shinobi. Or war-ready Sumo. Or, i mean, were Samurai ever even really a thing

I feel like this thread finally moved from mildly interesting, if repetitive, to downright entertaining, Great... now I have expectations, and will be disappointed if it doesn’t live up to expectations.

So... you are the badass? Are you? Say yes.

Say it.

There's no badass. Its a silly sport that causes brain damage.

There's the dead, and those who managed to escaped death today.

Then there's the silly sportsters in the MMA who want to be punched in the face til they can't remember their name.

Wait. We all escaped death today.

Does that mean I am a badass.
Did you though

Were you engaged in mortal combat?

I suppose netflix on your sofa is the smarter move. More intelligent than fighting. So, you must either really be an elite grandmaster or it was just dumb luck.

Either way, good for you.

I am not sure how life and death makes someone inherently better.

So say I have run away from bullets. Does that make me faster than someone who has only run in competition?

Did you though

Were you engaged in mortal combat?

I suppose netflix on your sofa is the smarter move. More intelligent than fighting. So, you must either really be an elite grandmaster or it was just dumb luck.

Either way, good for you.

Pretty sure I am not dead.

Were you engaged in mortal combat today?

I am not sure how life and death makes someone inherently better.

So say I have run away from bullets. Does that make me faster than someone who has only run in competition?

If you ran away from bullets you are dumber than the person who ran for sport and managed to not have people wanting to shoot him, regardless of your skill level

Pretty sure I am not dead.

Were you engaged in mortal combat today?
So, as wanker, life is a bit different than that of a warrior

Claim to be as badass as you want to be. You're not proving anything until you are engaged in mortal combat And if you are engaged in mortal combat, you're simply lucky enough to be living after the engagement regardless of your skill level. Nobody who lived in Feudal Japan considered themselves a badass. That title is reserved for Americans on television.

So, as wanker, life is a bit different than that of a warrior

Claim to be as badass as you want to be. You're not proving anything until you are engaged in mortal combat And if you are engaged in mortal combat, you're simply lucky enough to be living after the engagement regardless of your skill level. Nobody who lived in Feudal Japan considered themselves a badass. That title is reserved for Americans on television.
Who here claimed to be badass? Im pretty sure you were the first to bring up that word.

Who here claimed to be badass? Im pretty sure you were the first to bring up that word.
Indeed

As in, you're not.

Neither is any MMA or sport fighter

Thus, picking on traditional martial arts rooted with ancient warriors because you think you can kick their *** in the octagon at the UFC is absolutely asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back