Advantage Martial Arts Has Over Guns

The main advantage that martial arts has over a gun is that it's a lot easier to find martial artists than it is to find a firearm. Post a video on youtube and any number of sad, lonely gits will pop up to criticise it. They must know a lot of martial arts, surely? I've lost count of the number of people I would have shot if only I'd had a gun, it's so much easier just to hit someone...

All situations are different and sometimes you might have to cause serious injury to stop somebody. I don't know the details of the case about Tyson punching somebody on a plane but there have been cases of people who've had their noses broken and have kept fighting, there have been cases of people who have been shot and who have kept fighting, there have been cases of people who kept fighting while they were dying.
And if any of those things happen, they can fight all they want - but they'll be too impaired to chase you.

So depending on the situation you might have to cause serious injury to incapacitate and stop your attacker. There is also the fact that just about anything can happen in a fight, it is possible to kill when your intent was only to stop your attacker but to leave them alive.
As I mentioned earlier, untrained people kill with their hands all the time. So you can't blame this on martial arts training.

And if any of those things happen, they can fight all they want - but they'll be too impaired to chase you.
Depending on the situation, you might not be able to run.
As I mentioned earlier, untrained people kill with their hands all the time. So you can't blame this on martial arts training.
What matters is how the courts see it. You might not blame it on martial arts training but a judge could.

Back