Would someone benefit from dropping in on your TKD school?

It's something that you'd have to keep an eye on, at least if you grow. If you use another systems curriculum, and in the future they set up IP protections, they could potentially sue you afterwards. .
Anyone can sue anyone for anything. In the IP field once something gets widely used it "In the Public Domain" it has lost the ability to receive IP protections. Wide use without appropriate permissions can cause loss of IP protections.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. In the IP field once something gets widely used it "In the Public Domain" it has lost the ability to receive IP protections. Wide use without appropriate permissions can cause loss of IP protections.
Yes, but I'm referring to a specific instance where the suit was successful. And my original style/org definitely was widely used - at least 100 schools from east to west coast and canada that I'm aware of.

Yes, but I'm referring to a specific instance where the suit was successful. And my original style/org definitely was widely used - at least 100 schools from east to west coast and canada that I'm aware of.
It's very rare to see a move/technique in one style that cannot be found, in some manner or form,hi in another style. Whether this is due to some lineage relationship in the recent or ancient past or just parallel evolution, there are only so many ways of doing something. Copying a whole kata, using a proper name or copying a logo is a whole different matter.

My wording is inexact. It should have read "Widely used without any licensing ." There could be 100 licensed schools using it and that would not matter. 100 using t without permissions would be a factor a court would use to determine if any IP protections were lost or inapplicable.

My wording is inexact. It should have read "Widely used without any licensing ." There could be 100 licensed schools using it and that would not matter. 100 using t without permissions would be a factor a court would use to determine if any IP protections were lost or inapplicable.
Ah, i misunderstood. And that makes sense. That would be a differing factor here

Back