Winter on MT?

OK, with this conversation on my mind I picked up some port this evening at the local high-end supermarket. It's Delaforce Fine Ruby Porto. No year on it, so I'm guessing 2005--it was only about $15 or so. It should do as an experiment.

"Winter"? What is this "winter", of which you speak?

Cthulhu

Hey, it's starting to get downright cold here. Why, it was around 70-degrees today with this cold front. :D

Cthulhu

Lisa said:
:p I hate you.

Cthulhu said:
Hey, it's starting to get downright cold here. Why, it was around 70-degrees today with this cold front. :D

Cthulhu

I am so jealous. :(

I complain about the heat and humidity all the time...and the occasional hurricane...but winter always reminds me that I don't have to dig my car out of 7ft. snow drifts, I don't have to pay ridiculous fuel costs to heat my home, and I don't have to drive on icy roads.

You'll probably end up down here eventually...I swear, half of the 70+ year old population of Canada relocates to FL every year.

Cthulhu

Lisa said:
I am so jealous. :(

Cthulhu said:
I complain about the heat and humidity all the time...and the occasional hurricane...but winter always reminds me that I don't have to dig my car out of 7ft. snow drifts, I don't have to pay ridiculous fuel costs to heat my home, and I don't have to drive on icy roads.

You'll probably end up down here eventually...I swear, half of the 70+ year old population of Canada relocates to FL every year.

Cthulhu

LOL! Well then, see you in 30 some years ;) :D

Shoot, by that time, global warming will probably turn your area of the continent into a subtropical zone...but you'll be welcome in FL nonetheless. :)

Hell, when I lived in Tampa, half of Quebec and all of Ontario migrated to the Tampa/Clearwater area during the summer. Getting to the beaches was murder, and 4 out of 5 cars on the road had Canadian license plates.

It was like some bizarre, non-violent, seasonal invasion, except you gave us lots of money :)

Cthulhu

Lisa said:
LOL! Well then, see you in 30 some years ;) :D

arnisador said:
OK, with this conversation on my mind I picked up some port this evening at the local high-end supermarket. It's Delaforce Fine Ruby Porto. No year on it, so I'm guessing 2005--it was only about $15 or so. It should do as an experiment.
Heh. You got cheap port. Heh. I'll go to the store this weekend and pick up a higher end one you might like and torture you with the details.

shesulsa said:
Heh. You got cheap port. Heh. I'll go to the store this weekend and pick up a higher end one you might like and torture you with the details.

Too cruel! The one I had earlier in the week was twice that price, but they had much more expensive bottles there. But as it's a daily habit, I don't want to invest too much into it on a regular basis.

Now we need some falling TURKEYS! Just like in that episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" where the advertising manager of the radio station thought a good publicity stunt for the station would be to let loose by aircraft hundreds of turkeys over a shopping mall - without realizing that turkeys can't fly :partyon: .

Jonathan Randall said:
Now we need some falling TURKEYS! Just like in that episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" where the advertising manager of the radio station thought a good publicity stunt for the station would be to let loose by aircraft hundreds of turkeys over a shopping mall - without realizing that turkeys can't fly :partyon: .

LOL! That is one of my favorite episodes! It is just hilarious! I wonder if the powers that be can make it rain turkeys? hmmmmm... :)

Y'know...I should probably add a sound byte...how did it go?
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

:D

I'm never up late enough to see the festivities...:(

So, when is the next snow forecast for?

Back