White Belt BJJ Training Tips

angelam

White Belt
Reaction score
I’ve been training jiu-jitsu for about a year and 5 months. I'm 29 yrs old currently... I don't work full time at the moment and have been traing 8-12 hrs a week or BJJ for the last 6 months . I took a bit of a break for about 2 1/2 weeks this past month and I'm trying to get a good understanding of others who trained this much and maintain this or any suggestions people can provide on how to capitalize on the amount of hours, I have available to train just so I can continue to make progress but not burn myself out of course.

Something that was suggested to one of our hard chargers is write a flow chart of your game.

So what your major go to positions are and how to get to them.

That will hopefully show the points in your game you need to work on. Giving you a more structured approach to your system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240704_161230_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240704_161230_Google.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 8
I’ve been training jiu-jitsu for about a year and 5 months. I'm 29 yrs old currently... I don't work full time at the moment and have been traing 8-12 hrs a week or BJJ for the last 6 months . I took a bit of a break for about 2 1/2 weeks this past month and I'm trying to get a good understanding of others who trained this much and maintain this or any suggestions people can provide on how to capitalize on the amount of hours, I have available to train just so I can continue to make progress but not burn myself out of course.
My advice is to pace yourself physically
So if you’re tired then have a session where you go light on yourself
I also find alternating between gi and no gi helps in this regard

My advice is to pace yourself physically
So if you’re tired then have a session where you go light on yourself
I also find alternating between gi and no gi helps in this regard
Love the No Gi / Gi switch up suggestion

Something that was suggested to one of our hard chargers is write a flow chart of your game.

So what your major go to positions are and how to get to them.

That will hopefully show the points in your game you need to work on. Giving you a more structured approach to your system.
I appreciate you sharing that chart and I think this will be a valuable asset to my training- thank you

Latest Discussions

Back