What to do?

Of course you are talking of Panantuken and Kali. Sorry to be pedantic, but just curious:)
Panantuken? In the tagalog dialect from which the Filipino language is largely based the root word is "suntok", "panununtok" means punching. "Panununtukan" really is new to me but may mean something to be punched or incident of punching/punching incident. But in realation to FMA these are hand techniques based on the movement of the arnis stick/knife/sword techniques minus the sticks.

Kali is a word not originally from the Philippines. The word we use is "arnis" in the tagalog region and in the vissyas and further down south its "escrima". Escrima is more closely translated to "fencing".

I maybe wrong but being a native speaker of the language this is how I understand these terms:)

Panantuken? In the tagalog dialect from which the Filipino language is largely based the root word is "suntok", "panununtok" means punching. "Panununtukan" really is new to me but may mean something to be punched or incident of punching/punching incident. But in realation to FMA these are hand techniques based on the movement of the arnis stick/knife/sword techniques minus the sticks.

Kali is a word not originally from the Philippines. The word we use is "arnis" in the tagalog region and in the vissyas and further down south its "escrima". Escrima is more closely translated to "fencing".

I maybe wrong but being a native speaker of the language this is how I understand these terms:)

Hey, that is a very good answer!

Latest Discussions

Back