Using the folding box cutter for EDC

BLEED#65

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone i EDC folding box cutters (gerber) and sometimes kamisori straight razors as i teach combative systems that utilise these does anyone else EDC similar/the same?

Yeah. I have a civivi elementum.

But for cutting work things.

Thats a beautiful blade im looking into getting one when i can
An interesting thing about flippers is that your grip doesn't change going from your pocket to pulling the blade out.

Because you grab it from your pocket with your index finger on the opening tab.

So it is a lot less fumbley than, say a hole.

An interesting thing about flippers is that your grip doesn't change going from your pocket to pulling the blade out.

Because you grab it from your pocket with your index finger on the opening tab.

So it is a lot less fumbley than, say a hole.
Exactly! One of the reasons i like flipper utilitys so much the only exception is my auto otf razor

If I have pants/shorts on, I have a flip blade clipped on. Just part and parcel for the work I do and around the farm.
I do agree you could get a lot of slices with one, but little penetration. And the blades do snap fairly easy. Not to mention how more than half the time I am using a dull blade.
But they are handy tools that could be called into SD service easy enough.

If I have pants/shorts on, I have a flip blade clipped on. Just part and parcel for the work I do and around the farm.
I do agree you could get a lot of slices with one, but little penetration. And the blades do snap fairly easy. Not to mention how more than half the time I am using a dull blade.
But they are handy tools that could be called into SD service easy enough.

There is a whole argument for small defensive knives cutting vs slashing and wharncliffe style blade shapes.

But long story short. Box knives over perform for their size.

Back