US Drivers.

I will say just outside of Boston I did once drive next to a Mass State Police office that was driving with his knee, one hand on the newspaper, one hand on his coffee and reading the newspaper.

And the problem with that is...? :uhyeah:

The problem is I have not yet mastered that, but I'm still working on it.

I did manage to drive from Chelsea to Worcester once with only my knees however, but I just can't get the reading the paper part down. :)

Use the steering wheel as a sort of table, that way you can steal glances at the road while immersed in an interesting article. :). Sorry part is, I've seen this downtown Boston, even had a Cabby I just cut-off and flipped-off pull alongside at a light and give me a newspaper because "You may have Maine plates but you drive like a local, might as well look like one as well." I about died laughing, I was expecting him to be ticked off and yelling like the cabbies in NYC, Atlanta, or Chicago.

Well to be fair TX is so big that we have to split up how people drive to North, South, East, and West TX. I can’t speak for West Texans as I have never been real far west. But South Texans have the 3 blink rule. If you’re driving on Loop 410 in San Antonio and you see the car next to you turns on their blinker. Well as soon as it blinks for the 3rd time they are coming over no matter what. Houston I think the minimum speed limit is 95mph, Wow they drive fast (My kind of people).
East TX my stomping grounds they drive with a 30/06 in the window so we can pull over and kill the coyotes out in the pasture messing with the cows. North Texans in Dallas area any way, well they amaze me. The ladies of North TX seem to be able to put on make up, read the paper, brush their hair and drive 75-80mph all at the same time. It’s a wild ride to work everyday LMAO.

Use the steering wheel as a sort of table, that way you can steal glances at the road while immersed in an interesting article. :). Sorry part is, I've seen this downtown Boston, even had a Cabby I just cut-off and flipped-off pull alongside at a light and give me a newspaper because "You may have Maine plates but you drive like a local, might as well look like one as well." I about died laughing, I was expecting him to be ticked off and yelling like the cabbies in NYC, Atlanta, or Chicago.

Yea but can you do that while drinking a coffee? :)

One hand picking your nose, one hand flicking off other road users, both eyes staring at the top end of the rev counter and both feet hard on the accelerator: your very own boy racer

Latest Discussions

Back