The misconception of sparring.

I think this type of punching was for the purpose of punching light body armor. The reason I say this is because the training for these punches is never thrown head height.

Now before the giggles come. This is the type of light armor I'm referring to.

Great for stabs and slashes but I bet one can still feel one of those deep power punches.
View attachment 31901

It may seem silly but but there is validity in this. Similar protection used by TKD getting penetrated by punch energy. Keep in mind. TKD uses padding. The armour above doesn't had that same padding in mind. Good for knives and slashes but a solid puch with a conditioned hand will still get through.
I always knew there was some validity is just punching someone in armor.

I always knew there was some validity is just punching someone in armor.
If you think of armor as light weight metal or non-metal material, then it makes sense. To really highlight it.

Punch bullet proof vest. This was done with boxing gloves and a pillow, lots of buffer room. But he still fills the impact.

This is why one would their hands to be conditioned. But we can see the guy still freaks out about being punched with the vest on. Like he said "His ribs are behind the vest"

Now imagine someone with conditioned hands and a really good ability to drive the power of their punch

My guess is that maces were effective with creating blunt force energy that moved through the armor and into the body.

Give me a piece of this action. Fist that aren't conditioned and an inability drive power looks just like this..

I know some of us including my self would not heave any problem sending impact force through this vest be it open hand or closed hand strikes. Someone who trains horizontal breaking would have an easier time. Punching armor would follow the concept of "not punching at the target but punching deep into the target." The target isn't the armor but what is behind it.

If I punch someone in the chest, then I'm not aiming for the chest. I'm aiming for the organs behind the ribs.

Latest Discussions

Back