Tendon and power

CMA power generation guidelines:

- All power come from below -> up and back -> front.

View attachment 31385

- In CMA, there exist no straight punch, all punches are circular. Power generation is like a flying bullet. It may look like it's flying in straight line, but the bullet is rotating.

View attachment 31384
So each
Will try to find and link an article I read on this subject recently. The jist of it was that the model we've been using of our skeleton as a sort of scaffolding for the body is insufficient, that the fascia and connected tendons throughout the body create a tension that greatly supports the skeletal structure along with muscle. The article claimed that mathematically, bones and muscle alone cannot withstand the forces put upon it so fascia and tendon are being studied as the "missing link in the chain" so to speak. I do have a book with a short section where the author claims that as you age, you should be using less muscle and depending more on tendons to make up for the loss of muscular strength. The one concrete example he gives is making a fist. Balling up the fist and clenching it vs - laying hand flat on its back on a table, then using the tendons in the palm to lift the four fingers (minus thumb) then instead of curling them into a fist, the fingers are folded over the palm. The thumb is then tucked and pressed to the side of the index finger. I've tested the fist on the makiwara, it is effective without clenching the muscles. His main point though is to use tendons to fold the hand into a fist as opposed to using muscles the clench it. Supposedly, it is an exercise to get a person used to the feel of using more tendon and less muscle. No idea how this would translate to the rest of the body.......
I'm quite bad in using words 😅. I wonder how can one keep structure when moving?
Don’t trees do this all the time?
When a tendon is weak it will not be able to handle the force that it must deal with. Muscle is applying more power than what the tendon can handle

I believe the risk is similar to punching and kicking. More common examples would be things like tennis elbow and pictures throwing their arms out. Even though this thread is about tendons. It is possible for the tendons to be strong, and the muscles to be weak for the force applied and as a result the muscles tear. When I say weak, I'm referring to the structural weakness and not weak as in you can't produce power.

Things become weaker with age and fatigue. Power is usually the last thing to go in a healthy person. Many of the older guys probably have the power to do things but the structure that must deal with that power is not strong enough to deal with the power they currently have.
I’ve heard silicea gel or horsetail herb is amazing for connective tissue

Latest Discussions

Back