Qi Explained

Well, there is no proof any god of any religion exists, either, and people live their lives and wage wars over it.

I find qi a good concept to help describe the feeling of the movement you want to learn, for example. To build the tension, maintain the flow, build the stance, help the timing and generally help you imagine the feeling you should have in different aspects of your training.
Or how to work with your energy, in short.
It don't see it as anything supernatural, but a helpful concept. It is not something you can measure.
I believe learning to work with your body is the same as learning to work with your qi. It is to be aware of your body. For me, at least.
Actually, using religion to justify a war is a very grave form of blasphemy, which as christians we are commanded to avoid.

Ben Lo, a noted taiji practitioner probably would not agree with the idea that the beginning and ending move are double weighted,

Are these "double weighted"? Can he do this without "double weighted"?

wrestling_embrace.jpg

wrestling_embrace1.jpg

I am referring to the practice of "Iron palm" generally used in breaking things, causing others to have a bad day
when encountered.
Are you saying power generation is Qi Gong?

One demo that I liked to do was to stand a concrete block vertically on a table. I then used side kick to break it (before it flies away). I assume I can call that Qi Gong too.

Last edited:
Are you saying power generation is Qi Gong?

One demo that I liked to do was to stand a concrete block vertically on a table. I then used side kick to break it (before it flies away). I assume I can call that Qi Gong too.

Call it as you like.
What you can’t call it is “iron palm”

this is good but not "iron palm"

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back