Pay to fight a professional

kingofjong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering are there any options where a some one who trains can pay a professional to fight with them. Not sparring at a dojo. I am referring to hiring a fighter to spar with not teach you (apart from what learn from sparring). Is there any type of volunteer fighting completions not for prize money. I am some one who is interested in learning how to fight but I don't want to compete. I retired very young so I am looking for a pass time.

Regards,
Kingofjong

Hello

I was wondering are there any options where a some one who trains can pay a professional to fight with them. Not sparring at a dojo. I am referring to hiring a fighter to spar with not teach you (apart from what learn from sparring). Is there any type of volunteer fighting completions not for prize money. I am some one who is interested in learning how to fight but I don't want to compete. I retired very young so I am looking for a pass time.

Regards,
Kingofjong
IF a professional fighter agrees to do that, I imagine they're gonna charge you whatever they normally get paid for a fight.

Sure, you can pay a professional to fight with you. That's quite literally what professional fights are. I would imagine you would first need to establish yourself as a high level fighter to make it worth their time as well as make sure they get paid the same amount that they would for any other professional fight. Given that you said you are interested in learning to fight, I assume you don't already have any experience so it would be a waste of time for a professional to fight with you.

A better idea is just to find a gym that has open/ walk in sparring classes and go get beat up there instead. It's less expensive and you actually have a chance of walking out without a concussion after your first time.

If you are looking for just sparring, there are professionals who do that. Literally, pro fighters will hire high level sparring partners to prepare for fights. Early in his career, Larry Holmes worked as a sparring partner for guys like Muhammed Ali and Joe Frazier. I have no idea how much such fighters charge for their services, Probably the best way to find such a sparring partner for hire would be to contact a gym with professional fighters and look for someone who needs the money and is not currently on a career trajectory where they are being extra careful to avoid injuries in sparring.

If you are looking for an actual fight as opposed to just sparring, then you will need to earn them the same way the pro fighters do. Start out fighting in smaller amateur promotions and establish a record which you can parley with matchmakers into a pro fight in a real fight promotion.

Hello

Regards,
Kingofjong
Not a direct answer, however, you may be skipping learning principles, strategies, tactics, skills, drills and, pad work. If that's the case, it would be hard to learn "how to fight" by sparring—rather than test what you learned and drilled.

Sylvie learns from "guided sparring/pad work."

Otherwise most fight clubs will spar you if you are not a screaming mental case.

You would want to approach it right.

We do sparring with other clubs for example.

Hello

Regards,
Kingofjong
Gyms that box. You can find fighters all day long.

You can try reaching out to martial arts gyms or local sparring groups. Some fighters might be up for informal sparring sessions outside of regular classes. It's a good way to learn without the pressure of competition.

Hello

Regards,
Kingofjong
So, are you intending for the professional to take it easy on you, so you can figure out what to do while sort of getting your butt kicked, or do you want them to go all out, so you want have a chance to learn anything in the 5 seconds it will take a pro to knock you out? Believe it or not, you can train and not compete, lots of people do it every day.

So you're wanting to pay someone to inflict pain on you. I'm pretty sure there are specialty services for that sort of thing.

So you're wanting to pay someone to inflict pain on you. I'm pretty sure there are specialty services for that sort of thing.
Ohhhhh. In that case I have a good friend I can refer him to. She charges 500/hr. You must not be allergic to dogs because she brings her Doberman named “Rommel” with her to appointments.

Whip me. Beat me. Make me write bad cheques…
Mostly I think she tells them what dirtbags they are and makes them clean their house, there is no touching. I know a guy who works security for a very big girl who charges guys to watch her eat pies and roll around in pies in a bath tub. It’s incredibly expensive. Also, no touching.

Mostly I think she tells them what dirtbags they are and makes them clean their house, there is no touching. I know a guy who works security for a very big girl who charges guys to watch her eat pies and roll around in pies in a bath tub. It’s incredibly expensive. Also, no touching.
There is something for everyone, out there.

Back