Moore's 9/11 si, Bush go home

I've paid for six Bush backers to see the film. They didn't want to give Moore their money, so I bought their tickets.

Three are now voting for Kerry.

Two are thinking things over.

One couldn't stand to watch and walked out of the theater.

There were voter registration tables set up outside the theater. People were registering in droves. There was a long line at the table.

I think the film is mostly "preaching to the choir". The majority of the people who see Moore's work already agree with him, and are vehemently anti-Bush. The fact that Bush had a bump in the polls after all the media hype surrounding this film may indicate that it really didn't have a positive impact for Kerry.

And, just to throw my 2 cents in, my election prediction is that Bush is going to win by a landslide, close to the '84 Reagan/Mondale results. Of course, my predictions and a quarter will buy you a cup of coffee, but what the hey.

Mike

Trident said:
I think the film is mostly "preaching to the choir". The majority of the people who see Moore's work already agree with him, and are vehemently anti-Bush. The fact that Bush had a bump in the polls after all the media hype surrounding this film may indicate that it really didn't have a positive impact for Kerry.

And, just to throw my 2 cents in, my election prediction is that Bush is going to win by a landslide, close to the '84 Reagan/Mondale results. Of course, my predictions and a quarter will buy you a cup of coffee, but what the hey.

Mike
Where can I get a cup of coffee for a quarter? ;)

Trident said:

Mike

Bet you that cup of coffee that you're wrong.

9-11 is one of several documentaries that go against the Right. We haven't seen any Rightist films of like nature.

I'm giving it to Kerry by at least 316 Electoral votes...unless something drastic happens between now and then.

-----

I'm impressed Nightingale bought tickets for Bush backers...more impressed (but not surprised) by the number of conversions out of that group.

I know a number of detractors of the film that simply won't see it, yet have loads of criticisms for it. The threads here are indicative of what may be a nationwide trend. The majority of critics here on MT post links to negative reviews, but haven't seen the film. They attack by proxy and fail to see how they've surrendered their intellectual honesty and...to be blunt...their courage.

If they truly believe Moore's work is flawed, they'll feel the same way once they've seen it. However having seen it will gel their arguments against the film with the substance of personal experience. But most won't do this.

Regards,

Steve

Fine. Then how about "....that and $3.99 will get you a decaf mocha latte"?

hardheadjarhead - you're on for the cup of java.

Seriously, though - I have not seen anything defining from John Kerry other than "I'm not Bush". A negative argument will only get you so far. Great for energizing your base, but those folks would vote for you anyway. Hard to win over converts that way. That, and if you want to get conspiratorial (is that a real word?) we can talk about the Hillary factor.

I'm still standing with my "Bush 04 Landslide" prediction.

Mike

Kerry does suffer from a legislation gap after 24 years in the Senate. There are not really many pieces of law that were introduced by the junior senator from the bay state. Part of that is his background. John Kerry is a prosecutor (tough on crime). He is also an investigator. I understand that he did a lot of work around the Iran-Contra investigations and several issues along those lines. The information is there for the curious.

Some have said he is the best qualified among the 10 original democratic contenders. His experience in major committees has contributed to those qualifications. And ... He has great Hair!

Hopefully, you, and the rest of the country will learn more about him next week. But it will probably be less about his past ... and more about the future.

Back