Me teaching

Sorry about your dad, that's a heck of a thing. Glad you got to spend time in the woods as a kid. There's no substitute for that, it's something that sticks with you for life isn't it?

All this information you just stated reminds me that I need to Stay the hell out of the woods to the best of my ability.
I'd argue the woods are safer than a city. And follow the same general rules - if you want to be safe, do no harm to others and practice situational awareness.

Sorry about your dad, that's a heck of a thing. Glad you got to spend time in the woods as a kid. There's no substitute for that, it's something that sticks with you for life isn't it?
Nah no biggie. He was a career criminal. He only served 9 months on conspiracy because they never found the plates and he didn’t have any counterfeit on him. They gave him back his stolen car when he got out. He was arrested a few times but never in front of me. I don’t feel traumatized by any of it. Many lifelong criminals in my family and their extended circles. I grew up around a lot of that especially after we moved to Los Angeles area. I normalized that stuff long ago. I was lucky in every way.

There are people who say it's possible the indigo still exists over in the savannah river site, but I don't believe there have been any confirmed.
It's possible. The Blackfoot Ferret was thought to be extinct for something like 80 years. Then they found a single small colony. The entire colony was captured and moved to a zoo, and a breeding program begun. The colony grew and a few years ago they were re-introduced to the wild.

Some years ago, I saw a fellow in the ER who said he was bitten by a cobra. I said "we don't have cobras in Colorado..." and he said "I do."
No license. At least here, you're apparently required to keep antivenom if you're licensed to keep that sort of thing. He didn't, of course. We found a zoo with some and they sent it to us. The antivenom is NOT cheap.
Think I know that guy

Back