Lurkers

hey, i just joined up... my training has taken a backseat over the Christmas hols (apart from solo drills and forms etc), so much so that i'm reduced to tackling people at soccer matches. :-( So coming in here and seeing so many ppls opinions on everything MA related is great... not sure where to start!

I train Chinese martial arts mostly (Ba gua zhang my main art, been doing it about 5 yrs now), but have recently been getting into Aikido as well. I love just grappling and sparring no-style too, but it's a bit hard to find partners sometimes.

Seeya round...

qi

Hey there! Even though I've posted a few time already this is my first time in the meet and greet forum. Believe it or not before making this post I was LURKING!!!!
icon11.gif
.......:rofl: Any other members do that??

I admit it I'm a lurker I think I'll go introduce myself now.

Thank you for your encouragement, i think it is working. Well i am up to the first level of wing chun and i like it very much!!

Good job:wink2:

I am not really sure, but isn't the quality of a post more important than the quanty of posts.

i pretty much just read what everyone else is talking about anymore. It seems on this site if someone dosen't like what you say, they give you a red rep. and the more posts you do the more rep power you get, regardless of if the post is of value or just rambling to get a post to get more rep power.

I am not really sure, but isn't the quality of a post more important than the quanty of posts.

i pretty much just read what everyone else is talking about anymore. It seems on this site if someone dosen't like what you say, they give you a red rep. and the more posts you do the more rep power you get, regardless of if the post is of value or just rambling to get a post to get more rep power.

Well, I don't know why these last 2 posts are in the "lurkers" thread, but I disagree with the above statement. Quantity does not equal more rep, quality does.

Since the rep system was reset 3 months ago, it put everyone on level playing ground again. I once again see the cream rising to the top, not the person with the most posts. I also find that negative rep is rarely given just because "I don't like what you said". We are not going to agree on everything, it would be a boring forum if we did. Unless you are extremely rude or trolling/flaming, you are unlikely to get a neg rep just because someone "didn't like what you said."

You may find this thread of interest.

Now, back to the lurkers topic. Welcome to anyone venturing out of lurkdom. :)

Hi to all
Dont think I am lurking but might if given half a chance. I am so new to this site, but not the Martial Arts. Hope to learn a thing or two and put my two cents in where I can.

Madmatt
Okinawa te

Or Grey 13.

Or Grey 17. It's missing, after all.

(Bayblon 5, anyone?) :D

I try to post as much as I reasonably can on forums. Sometimes I post things based on my opinion, as I may not have the actual facts at hand. But at least I'm smart enough to admit when I'm wrong if corrected.

Quick! To the Bat-Post!

I don't really consider myself as a "Lurker" because I believe the way to learn is to listen. I have been in Kempo since 1980. Still trying to learn. Ben Hellard

ha, just replying here as I have recently been fortunate enough to have my account re-opened. I have actually been logged on for an hour or so, just reading.

I'm not an expert and read more than post; I found a really interesting thread that I've been following all night. Anyways, hello ... and thank you for your help with my account, Admin!

Don't know much about this forum. I responded to a post that spoke about Master Frank Masiello.(Gun Tau Ou der Master) My long time friend and instructor. I don't know if I am using this forum properly, so I am winging it. Many people were interested in what we do. I was looking to clarify.

Back