Ken tai Jo - Just a short

Any longer ones?

Here I have put a lot of different Kumijo, Ken tai Jo and Kumitachi. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

These are very impressive. When I’ve seen Jodo being demonstrated in the past, it’s appeared stilted, robotic and dare I say a bit ridiculous. Then I witnessed one of the UK’s premier Jodo and Iaido practitioners (Chris Mansfield sensei 7th Dan Kyoshi in both arts) hand a bokuto to a 6th Dan and say, “Attack me in anyway you want.” What followed was a truly amazing attack, deflection, counter, attack on and on like the videos you’ve posted but totally improvised. I thought, this is a true martial artist showing his art!

These are very impressive. When I’ve seen Jodo being demonstrated in the past, it’s appeared stilted, robotic and dare I say a bit ridiculous. Then I witnessed one of the UK’s premier Jodo and Iaido practitioners (Chris Mansfield sensei 7th Dan Kyoshi in both arts) hand a bokuto to a 6th Dan and say, “Attack me in anyway you want.” What followed was a truly amazing attack, deflection, counter, attack on and on like the videos you’ve posted but totally improvised. I thought, this is a true martial artist showing his art!
Yes, our videos show the kata. We simply haven't filmed or uploaded free techniques yet. I'm still building up the channel and have lots of treasures in the drawer. In demonstrations, it often happens that your partner or you leave the kata out of excitement and then there is still an adequate reaction. We are currently procuring protective equipment for free training so that we can carry it out safely.
What we practise is Aikiken and Aikijo, which is adapted for Aikido. The techniques of Jo are based on the lance and not, as in JoDo, on the stick. But we want to practise something that works. That's why we are trying things out in cooperation with the HEMA students.

Latest Discussions

Back