It's Me and the Dog!

My dog very happily ate the giblets; the neck is being saved for soup, which will be made from the turkey carcass once I get it carved up - yes, I cooked a turkey, put it in the refrigerator, and went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving - but that's just because a) I love turkey and b) it was cheap!

Tomorrow I will carve the turkey, keep the breast meat for sandwiches, the dark meat for casseroles, and the carcass for soup, which will be started as soon as I get the turkey carved. Yum!

I'm going to make turkey enchiladas, homemade guacamole, and homemade Spanish rice. Maybe I'd better go to class Saturday!

Sounds wonderful Lynne!

I'm at my mom's place for the weekend, I think she's going to make some turkey soup.

Quote from my nearly-75 year old mom...

"Carol, I upgraded the internet to 10 Megabits. Is that fast enough for you?" :lfao:

Sounds wonderful Lynne!

I'm at my mom's place for the weekend, I think she's going to make some turkey soup.

"Carol, I upgraded the internet to 10 Megabits. Is that fast enough for you?" :lfao:
Turkey soup sounds yummy. I'm freezing right now.

Sounds wonderful Lynne!

I've already started my turkey soup - the turkey carcass, the cooking drippings (juice skimmed of fat) and some chicken broth are in the crock pot. Once the frame is cooked enough to strip the meat from the bones I'll clean it off, put the meat back and add some more, and then add mixed dried beans - it should be ready to eat tomorrow night.

Uh... well, as long as she's happy, who cares?

Yu may find this odd lol but turkey dripping is wonderful on toast as is chicken, chicken beef and lamb dripping. Pour it off, let it set and then its gorgeous! it's a very British thing perhaps!

Yu may find this odd lol but turkey dripping is wonderful on toast as is chicken, chicken beef and lamb dripping. Pour it off, let it set and then its gorgeous! it's a very British thing perhaps!
A lot of Aussies like it too, although it seems to be a generation thing. My kids think it is gross.:)

A lot of Aussies like it too, although it seems to be a generation thing. My kids think it is gross.:)

LOL! We are short handed at work at the moment so keep getting called in, am completely knackered so when I do get home a cuppa and a couple of slices of toast and dripping are just the thing then bed before getting up at five again! Can't work any more this week so I am going to play catch tomorrow, just going to bed now. Sadly no dripping but toast dripping with butter pretty good too lol!

Had turkey again today... :)

Me too - with more to come. Today I had a slice of breast meat with stuffing for lunch. For dinner I had turkey casserole (chopped turkey mixed with cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms, topped with stuffing, and baked). I ate both of these while waiting for the turkey carcass to finish cooking down, so I could remove the remaining meat from the bones; now I'm just waiting for the beans to finish soaking so I can add them to the soup, along with some more turkey meat (turkey soup... mmm....) and some vegetables (to be determined).

I made the turkey enchiladas last night, homemade guacamole, and Spanish rice. I used 4 cups of turkey meat which made a 13 x 9 casserole - just huge. I made another pumpkin pie as well. All of it was very good.

The scales showed a two pound weight gain this morning. There is no way I overate by 7000 calories over two days. It has to be fluid. Yes, it was dumb to get on the scales...

Do you all have turkey again at Christmas?

I have two American children who come to our classes, dad is army officer on exchange here, they smiled like anything when I wished them happy Thanksgiving lol. That's thanks to MT I knew. They have another 18 months with us then are going back to the States, I'll be asking for help finding them a MA club when they find out where they are going.

Do you all have turkey again at Christmas?

I have two American children who come to our classes, dad is army officer on exchange here, they smiled like anything when I wished them happy Thanksgiving lol. That's thanks to MT I knew. They have another 18 months with us then are going back to the States, I'll be asking for help finding them a MA club when they find out where they are going.
We have it again at Christmas, just a month later. For the non-Jewish folks, we usually have a ham, too.

Latest Discussions

Back