Is it illegal in UFC fights and why?

luischin0907

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been practicing various martial arts, and I'm most comfortable with muay thai and wing chun (some boxing and Chinese grappling). I've always wondering that if someone kicks you (roundhouse or front, no matter what kicks) and it happens that you are able to catch the kick. I've noticed that in muay thai you cannot hook the other leg, neither you may walk 2 steps or more. Based on that, since one of the main concept in wing chun is to defend and attack simultaniously, so when you catch that kick is it ok to side kick to the other leg (shin, knee or lap) at the same time, or pull in (or to the side for breaking balance while kicking (like mentioned just now), where your hands are locked tight holding onto that leg, while you have another hand/arm and both legs to use to deliver various damage to the opponent, which in the end the goal would be taking the opponent down. I've tried that a few times while sparring, which is actually quite effective, but I feel like not many people do that a lot, that's why I'm wondering if that would violate any rules. Thank you.

Latest Discussions

Back