Iga Japan

Stuarto

Green Belt
Reaction score
This thread happened to catch my eye. Last summer me and my fiancé visited Japan. She is originally from there (born and raised) and most of her family lives in Osaka. We visited many different locations during our time there to include Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Yokohama, and Iga. Iga is in fact where the ninjas originated from. The town is full of ninja propaganda and there is even a ninja village where they show you how the ninjas operated and how they carried out their covert operations. The hotel we stayed in was ninja themed and came with ninja outfits for both of us. I have never trained in ninjutsu, but I thought I would share this with any enthusiasts or practitioners on here. If you are visiting Japan, check out Iga. It's a great experience and there is even a nice castle you can see (Iga Ueno).

I know having a ninja themed hotel is a tourist trap, but I’d enjoy that. Staying in hotels can be very boring. That sounds like fun.

I know having a ninja themed hotel is a tourist trap, but I’d enjoy that. Staying in hotels can be very boring. That sounds like fun.
Definitely a tourist trap but a fun one non the less. There weren't that many tourists in town when we were there. It seems more of them are drawn to cities like Tokyo and Osaka, and even Kyoto. Iga is kind of off the beating path and is rich with ninja history. If you ever decide to visit, you should check it out!

Definitely a tourist trap but a fun one non the less. There weren't that many tourists in town when we were there. It seems more of them are drawn to cities like Tokyo and Osaka, and even Kyoto. Iga is kind of off the beating path and is rich with ninja history. If you ever decide to visit, you should check it out!

I would if I was there. But my traveling days are over. One more plane ride to Boston and I’m never getting on a plane again or driving a car more than three hours.

Too many miles on me.

I would if I was there. But my traveling days are over. One more plane ride to Boston and I’m never getting on a plane again or driving a car more than three hours.

Too many miles on me.
I can understand that, done quite a bit of traveling myself though I still have some more in me. I am sick of moving and have no desire to any time soon. Japan is a seriously long flight too. Definitely takes it out of you!

Yes, that must be a long one.

I flew from South Africa to Boston once. Saw the sun rise twice on that flight. I couldn’t do that now if I wanted to.

Yes, that must be a long one.

I flew from South Africa to Boston once. Saw the sun rise twice on that flight. I couldn’t do that now if I wanted to.
I believe it was about 13 hours. At least I had a spacious seat by a window. Made it much easier to catch some sleep. I want to go back but I am dreading that flight. How long was the flight from Africa to Boston?

They had no stairs - you had to climb up the wall. You checked in with an alternate identity. When it was time to check out and pay you vanish in a puff of smoke. :D

They had no stairs - you had to climb up the wall. You checked in with an alternate identity. When it was time to check out and pay you vanish in a puff of smoke. :D

I got a good laugh from that. 🤗

I believe it was about 13 hours. At least I had a spacious seat by a window. Made it much easier to catch some sleep. I want to go back but I am dreading that flight. How long was the flight from Africa to Boston?

This was a long time ago, it’s much shorter now. We stopped to refuel on a small desert island, just a refueling station and military barracks. From Johannesburg to New York City was 26 hours, counting the refueling stop. Then a quick hop to Boston.

Back