How should I cook this venison?

Wine and milk? That's a new combo to me. I typically marinade poultry in milk, and everything else in wine. But never both. Is that a combo you use regularly? I'm intrigued.

I don't usually brine red meat, but that might help with the gaminess.

Keep us posted.

I've used both, but never together. It was just a thought, that I think I'm going to run with. I'm going to go chop it up right now and marinade it in wine, milk....and Grey Goose.

No fool like a damn fool. :)

Found out that the deer was bagged three hours before it came to my house. Head shot from thirty yards (as the head was the only thing showing)

There was a whole lot more meat than I thought. Froze some, chopped up the rest and it's now marinating in some fine white wine, milk and The Goose.

Do I have any idea what I'm doing? Not clue one. But, as a relatively new cook (few years), I don't care, I'll try anything.. :).

I took some pics. But it says the pics are too large. Don't know why that is, same pics I always take.

But it says the pics are too large. Don't know why that is, same pics I always take.
Depending on what you photograph that could be very good.................... ;):D

Well......how did you prepare it? And how did it turn out?

Made a stew in the slow cooker. Took a beef stew recipe I found on line and substituted the beef with the venison. Used this one. The Best Crockpot Beef Stew - Family Fresh Meals

I make a really good beef stew, but on the stove top. It was just too hot that day, so I looked up the slow cooker one.

Couldn't really tell the difference between the venison and beef. There was no gaminess at all. But the stew, compared to the one I usually make was just fair. I mean if you were hungry, you wouldn't mind it. But if you bought it in a restaurant, it wouldn't be your choice a second time.

I have two more hunks in the freezer. I think I'm just going to throw them on the grill.

Made a stew in the slow cooker. Took a beef stew recipe I found on line and substituted the beef with the venison. Used this one. The Best Crockpot Beef Stew - Family Fresh Meals

I make a really good beef stew, but on the stove top. It was just too hot that day, so I looked up the slow cooker one.

Couldn't really tell the difference between the venison and beef. There was no gaminess at all. But the stew, compared to the one I usually make was just fair. I mean if you were hungry, you wouldn't mind it. But if you bought it in a restaurant, it wouldn't be your choice a second time.

I have two more hunks in the freezer. I think I'm just going to throw them on the grill.

Slice it open pack with peppers and cream cheese and wrap in bacon....my opinion that way and/or smothered venison tips is best way to cook venison

Back