Happy New Year

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read somewhere ( not sure where and I wonder if it is a sign of getting older :( *) that in England there was a group that would celecrate the new year by dancing naked in the streets on the first day of the first month after the Equinox. Many people called the celebrators "fool's" .

So Happy New Year everyone. :D

We were caught then? Bummer!

I think that was hundreds of years ago Rich, and I think it's a mix of history... Witches were supposed to dance naked "skyclad", in private on certain days, and some people celebrated the birth of the summer by dancing... still done today as Morris Dancing, and that got changed into a "new year" celebration. Things get twisted with the telling....

so Rich are you saying you where dancing naked in the streets if so is that different from your normal behavior?:lfao:

We were caught then? Bummer!

I think that was hundreds of years ago Rich, and I think it's a mix of history... Witches were supposed to dance naked "skyclad", in private on certain days, and some people celebrated the birth of the summer by dancing... still done today as Morris Dancing, and that got changed into a "new year" celebration. Things get twisted with the telling....

Shaderon,

I would not wish to insult anyone's belief. So I said a group. I know many of those involved would be called heretics or unbelievers or such from different religions, but it was their belief so I did not wish to use a word with a negative conotation to it.

so Rich are you saying you where dancing naked in the streets if so is that different from your normal behavior?:lfao:

On that day and a few others I Get to at least explain my behaviours. :D ;)

Latest Discussions

Back