Greetings everyone

The thing about a knife is that it can be stuck in virtually anywhere in the torso/head and be lethal whereas a box cutter (I had to look up what that was. We call them ‘Stanley knives after a famous make) requires more skill to be as dangerous.

In Glasgow (Scotland) they used to take two Stanley blades and tape them together with a piece of card or plastic between them. The double wound it produced was very difficult to suture and left a terrible scar. It was called a ‘Glasgow Credit Card’ as it liberated money very easily 😳

So this combat system is designed to straight up kill people?

So this combat system is designed to straight up kill people?
Badhabits! 🙄 Martial arts are about character building and becoming a useful member of society.

Look all im saying is the box cutter trained in the proper dynamic is equally as lethal as a knife when used properly
But that's simply not true. Slashes are messy. They're not very dangerous, compared to stab wounds.

No not crazy a fact look up cctv footage of lethal slash attacks it proves my point
cctv footage of slash attacks seems like it would have very little to do with proving that box cutters are equally as effective as knives.

I'm not arguing that slashes can't be lethal. They absolutely can, depending on the situation. What I'm arguing is that by using a box cutter, you are limiting yourself to slashes, decreasing your reach, and making it so you have to pretty much go only to the deep targets.

This means that you're a lot more predictable, you have to commit without gaining 'control' first, which increases your odds of being countered in a very bad way, and by having less range, you have to go in farther (and give your opponent more time to react) before you can connect with a lethal slash.

I'm not saying you shouldn't train with a box cutter, or use one if that's all ypu have on you. But there's no good reason, if you're going to be carrying something for self defense, to make that your choice. Even a sharp scissor would be better.

The real kicker for me is the claim of being "on the righter side of defense law" (sic). I can see it now: "I was going to sentence you to five years in prison, but since it was only a box cutter, I'll give you one year suspended."

The thing about a knife is that it can be stuck in virtually anywhere in the torso/head and be lethal whereas a box cutter (I had to look up what that was. We call them ‘Stanley knives after a famous make) requires more skill to be as dangerous.

In Glasgow (Scotland) they used to take two Stanley blades and tape them together with a piece of card or plastic between them. The double wound it produced was very difficult to suture and left a terrible scar. It was called a ‘Glasgow Credit Card’ as it liberated money very easily 😳
Im aware of that trick gerbers dont let you load double razors though and ive been training in utility knife combat (and knife) for quite a few years so i do see your point (no pun intended) i do teach (in a very short time span) how to properly weild a utility razor in that way

The reason why? You carry a knife people tense up about it for the most part its classified as a weapon a box cutter however IS A TOOL a 1 inch bladed tool your not going to be looked at with the same stigma carrying one
If it's in your pocket, why would people tense up?

But what do i know? I only have 29 years in martal arts and combatives
Not knocking your experience, but those numbers aren't that high. I've been involved in MA for over 40 years, and I'm far from the most experienced (in any way you'd use that term) person on this forum.

I look forward to hearing more about the concepts you teach.

Look all im saying is the box cutter trained in the proper dynamic is equally as lethal as a knife when used properly
As lethal for certain attacks, probably. But it is more limited than other knives, so what do you see as the advantage?

People with severe mental issues or ptsd might over react ive been all over the us in my life ive heard of and even seen a reaction (or over reaction) or two

Hello everyone im Michael J. Hudson BLEED Utility Razor Combat System Instructor Number:
B/c-065-2024 Southwest Regional Director.

Im curious what are everyones thoughts on Utility Razors/Box Cutters for EDC for Edged Weapon Defense?
Can you tell us from whence this system comes?

As lethal for certain attacks, probably. But it is more limited than other knives, so what do you see as the advantage?
So box cutters are far easier to access and publicly carry plus the industry need for utility knifes and box cutters will never go away and will more than likely never be banned

Latest Discussions

Back