Duct Tape

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What uses have you devised for duct tape?

Seig wrapped my arm with duct tape.. ahems.. To secure my ice pack so I could 'wear it' *G*

We have homemade 'soft sticks' Stickdummy devised.. totally covered in duct tape.. they work very nicely ~!

I'm sure I'll think of more uses :D

Do tell ~!

Years ago when we were in college my brother had an old datsun station wagon that was falling apart. We actually kept that car together with Duct Tape. We ran into one problem when someone cut him off and he had to slam on the brakes and the hood went flying off the car a bit.

Oppps i guess the duck tape was good for somethings but not for all

Chicago Green Dragon

:asian:

KenpoTess said:

Seig wrapped my arm with duct tape.. ahems.. To secure my ice pack so I could 'wear it' *G*

We have homemade 'soft sticks' Stickdummy devised.. totally covered in duct tape.. they work very nicely ~!

Do tell ~!

See... after I have kidnapped my tourture victims, I... oh. Ahem.

We did the whole ducktape someone to a wall routine.

We would take someone's car keys...wrap them up in a duct tape ball about 9 inches in diamter..and hand it to then..*G

wow now that is so bad hahahahahahhahahaha

Chicago Green Dragon

:asian:

Ender said:
We would take someone's car keys...wrap them up in a duct tape ball about 9 inches in diamter..and hand it to then..*G

KenpoTess said:

Do tell ~!
Is this duck taped......

Attachments

• $ducktape.gif
    $ducktape.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 185
Last year, in one of the dorm halls (the freshman hall, go figure) we taped a girl to the wall. She was totally willing to let us do it, and it was really fun..but we had to cut her down because she almost passed out...oopsie...and the RA didn't give a darn, he was helping us! I have pics of that...somewhere...

If anyone gets the chance to watch the canadian show Red Green (preferably the older eppies) you will learn LOTS of ways to use duct tape!

...someone made a duct tape wallet, and repaired their shoes w/ duct tape. Tis useful for us broke college students.

Rustys mention of Our Sacred Philosopher Red Green. www.redgreen.com
inspired me to go have a look.

Instructions on how to build a duct tape wallet. http://www.3m.com/intl/CA/english/centres/home_leisure/duct_tape/dt_wallet.html

Here's some pic's of some other things you can build with Duct Tape. More can be found at. http://www.3m.com/intl/CA/english/centres/home_leisure/duct_tape/sc_area.html

In the words of the Great Man himself. "If they don't find you handsom they can at least find you handy" Red Green

Enjoy

Dot
:D

Attachments

• $girls.jpg
    $girls.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 156
  • $Mount.jpg
    $Mount.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 178
  • $truck.jpg
    $truck.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 154
An old friend of mine and I used to have contest every Christmas to see who could make each other's present the most difficult to open. We would even time each other to see who could get their present open first. Well......duck tape went a long way with that!! My neighbors just used it to fix their dog's bite shield- big disk she had on her neck/head to keep her from biting at surgery stitches.........HA HA!!

KenpoGirl said:
Rustys mention of Our Sacred Philosopher Red Green. www.redgreen.com
inspired me to go have a look.

Instructions on how to build a duct tape wallet. http://www.3m.com/intl/CA/english/centres/home_leisure/duct_tape/dt_wallet.html

Here's some pic's of some other things you can build with Duct Tape. More can be found at. http://www.3m.com/intl/CA/english/centres/home_leisure/duct_tape/sc_area.html

In the words of the Great Man himself. "If they don't find you handsom they can at least find you handy" Red Green

Enjoy

Dot
:D
Dot,

I do not think the Duct Tape Dress woudlbe the best choice for visiting Flint and for a long car ride. ;) :D

"one thing you'll never hear a redneck say "Duct tape won't fix it!"

Rich Parsons said:
Dot,

I do not think the Duct Tape Dress woudlbe the best choice for visiting Flint and for a long car ride. ;) :D
Yah it might get a little uncomfortable. I'll have to save it for the chinese buffet later. ;)

Dot
:angel:

I like that duct tape truck! Looks really cool and well done too!

- Ceicei

I had a tag ripped from my dress once by a friend. It made a hole in the back. I didn't have anything else to fix it, so I duct taped it on the inside and it held the dress together just fine. You'd had to look close to realize there was a rip.

I did the same thing with a sweater that had a serious run in the front. The duct tape on the inside held the sweater to prevent it from unravelling.

Things we do in a pinch....

- Ceicei

Oh yeah! There's a scholarship availible that you have to go to Prom in a duct tape outfit. It's crazy. Never seen it done, tho.

TheRustyOne said:
Oh yeah! There's a scholarship availible that you have to go to Prom in a duct tape outfit. It's crazy. Never seen it done, tho.
How much? :)

jfarnsworth said:
I'm wondering how those dresses come off. :idunno:
Scissors or a pocket knife ;)

I had friends in high school that made wallets and shoes with duct tape too.

I also used it once to temporarily fix a tuba that had been dropped on a set of stairs and had one of the important braces knocked off.

There's a couple guys that have books out about Duct Tape too. I can't remember exactly what they were called right now but I've seen them on amazon and chapters websites and stuff.

Latest Discussions

Back