Charlie Sheen fired from 'Men'

And he'll never go broke, as others have pointed out, with that show and Spin City in syndication, he'll be receiving residuals from them for quite some time to come, and he gets Executive Producer bucks for 2&1/2 Men............

I wonder who is set to get all that money when Sheen dies?

Who gives a rats *** about the whole situation?
That would be my point; because if I say I perfected the SEAN WOLD drug, have mostly been giving out free samples, and have to be carefull because of the growing number of SEAN WOLD junkies around town, nobody is going to say boo...; unless, I move to their town.:ultracool
Sean Wold

I wonder who is set to get all that money when Sheen dies?
well, the spouses if he is married, or family if he isn't...any spawns he should have...naturally all subject to if and what is in a will..

Exactly so:

"I am on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

And he'll never go broke, as others have pointed out, with that show and Spin City in syndication, he'll be receiving residuals from them for quite some time to come, and he gets Executive Producer bucks for 2&1/2 Men............
Typically, actors don't get residuals from the shows. It's rare. I'm pretty sure he was paid so much up front in lieu of any residuals. Compare his situation to that of, say, Seinfeld or Ray Romano from Everyone Loves Ray. Those guys are making a fortune from syndication as the exception to the rule.

I'm not saying he won't get residuals, I don't know the details, but it's all with how the contract is drawn, and typically, the more an actor makes per episode, the more they cede on the back end in syndication. I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't be surprised if his income from these shows is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to his situation, but it's impossible not to hear some things. He might still be on drugs, but I agree with Flea completely. I've seen many manic episodes and he is clearly in need of attention. The entire thing feels like making fun of a kid in a wheelchair to me.

Typically, actors don't get residuals from the shows. It's rare. I'm pretty sure he was paid so much up front in lieu of any residuals. Compare his situation to that of, say, Seinfeld or Ray Romano from Everyone Loves Ray. Those guys are making a fortune from syndication as the exception to the rule.

I'm not saying he won't get residuals, I don't know the details, but it's all with how the contract is drawn, and typically, the more an actor makes per episode, the more they cede on the back end in syndication. I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't be surprised if his income from these shows is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to his situation, but it's impossible not to hear some things. He might still be on drugs, but I agree with Flea completely. I've seen many manic episodes and he is clearly in need of attention. The entire thing feels like making fun of a kid in a wheelchair to me.
I think he had enough clout to get a sweet deal to begin with.
Sean

I'm not saying he won't get residuals, I don't know the details, but it's all with how the contract is drawn, and typically, the more an actor makes per episode, the more they cede on the back end in syndication.

He also gets "Executive Producer" credit.

As for actors getting residuals, they are negotiated from contract to contract, and are, for the most part, far more lucrative than they were in the 60's and 70's, but even Barbara Eden receives residuals for I Dream of Jeannie. This is, of course, the result of SCreen Actors' Guild negotiation.

SAG FAQ on residuals

Exactly so:

"I am on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

I had an acquaintance several years ago who lived with chronic mania. He routinely closed down nightclubs all over town dancing frantically until 4 or 5am. He said it was the only way he could burn off all that energy, and he loved it. He got a lot of that too from people watching him dance at full speed for hours and hours - "What are you on?" His stock answer was "I'm on life - here, try some!"

He was also bursting with energy about his successful business as a music promoter. I always enjoyed our conversations for his endless optimism and wicked humor. Last I heard, several years ago, he was homeless. Still loving life even though he couldn't afford the cover charges at the clubs any more, and still a successful music promoter. Who knows. Several of us tried to get him into programs to help get him off the streets, but he didn't need them - he was happy where he was, he said, and his business was going great. I miss him and wish him well.

he does kind of have a point about AA though.
its does have as low as a 5-8% success rate depending on what statistics you actually look at..

Agree strongly. Statistically identical success rate as going cold turkey on your own. Yet they get tremendous accolades as an organization that helps people.

download

The news reports said he would make millions from the syndication fees for reruns but now that Warner Brothers is officially going to sue him for lost income for the 8 episodes he owed in 2011 and 24 episodes in 2012 he will be spending substantial sums on legal fees and given his manic condition may not cooperate with councils advice making it worse. Charlie may bottom out soon when he cannot buy off the exwife and fuel the two live in therapists?

The news reports said he would make millions from the syndication fees for reruns but now that Warner Brothers is officially going to sue him for lost income for the 8 episodes he owed in 2011 and 24 episodes in 2012 he will be spending substantial sums on legal fees and given his manic condition may not cooperate with councils advice making it worse. Charlie may bottom out soon when he cannot buy off the exwife and fuel the two live in therapists?

Nah-that's just noise to keep him from getting the money that he's owed for those episodes, contractually, whether they make them or not. Remember, CBS and Warner Bors. halted production, citing his behavior. He said he was going to work.

They'll settle, and Charlie Sheen will be paid-it just won't be the $56 million he'd have gotten for those shows.

Latest Discussions

Back