Can you spot a fake smile...

10 out of 20. Pretty much what I expected as I don't read eyes. I need some work on putting the eyebrow and cheek movements together . The mouth and cheek movements can fake me out as I can't read eyes, but if I can catch the crinkle or lack of I may get better at this.

I'm pretty sure I did this a while ago when I saw it posted on another web board. IIRC, I got 17 of 20 right where one of the wrong answers was a pure guess because I couldn't tell immediately and couldn't replay the video, the other two I got fooled on. And as noted, I think the key to making the distinction between real and fake is around the eyes.

MACaver said:
18 out of 20... when asked what part of the face was helpful I said the eyes. Some of them were trying hard NOT to smile when reverting back to straight face but failed...happily I suppose. :uhyeah:
Interesting test. But not that hard for me really because non-verbal communication is (another) speciality of mine.

"You can't hide your lying eyes, and your smile has been disguised. I thought by now you'd realize there ain't no way to hide your lying eyes." ~The Eagles

I have to agree with you. It's the eyes....I got 18-20...with one I got wrong because I wasn't totally sure of.

The reason I'm a lousy poker player LOL 13...

Back