Why I Start New Threads With Identical Or Similar Topics

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
As people have pointed out, sometimes I will start new threads that have similar or sometimes even seemingly identical topics to other threads I've started before. These are the reasons I do that.

Sometimes, on some of my threads people will start flaming each other and as a result the thread will be shut down. So that is one of the reasons why I might start a new thread with a similar topic, because the first thread got shut down because of the actions of other people.

Sometimes a thread will dry up so to speak, and people will stop responding to it and it might be weeks or months with no responses. As such I want to start a new thread to get more responses. Yes, I can revive old threads but from my experience, I usually get more responses from starting a new thread than from reviving an old one.

Sometimes I want to discuss a different viewpoint so when I start a new thread, it might be similar to an older thread I started but it will not be exactly the same. So I want to take the discussion on a slightly different path that is not the same precise path as an older thread.

So that is why I sometimes start new threads with identical or similar topics to old threads.

Just to set the tone, it would probably help to acknowledge that the topic you are starting a thread on has been discussed before but that you want to specifically address a different perspective or aspect of the topic from what was dealt with in the previous thread.

Then if people are still interested, they can choose to participate. If they were sick of the topic the last time around, they can move on to what interests them.

Either way, if you there's something you legitimately want to talk about, and you follow the forum rules, you should be free to start as many threads as you want. But if it's just the same old topics, just don't expect me to participate ....unless I'm felling snarky! :p

Just to set the tone, it would probably help to acknowledge that the topic you are starting a thread on has been discussed before but that you want to specifically address a different perspective or aspect of the topic from what was dealt with in the previous thread.

Then if people are still interested, they can choose to participate. If they were sick of the topic the last time around, they can move on to what interests them.

Either way, if you there's something you legitimately want to talk about, and you follow the forum rules, you should be free to start as many threads as you want. But if it's just the same old topics, just don't expect me to participate ....unless I'm felling snarky! :p
Alright, perhaps I will start a new thread on requiring patience for rank advancement. I started a thread just like that before but unfortunately it got closed down because people were flaming each other on it.

Alright, perhaps I will start a new thread on requiring patience for rank advancement.
No need. It's like waiting for New Year's Day. It's not coming any sooner no matter how bad you want it to.

Latest Discussions

Back