Which Chinese mythological being are you?

1075795845_thsPhoenix.jpg

You are Feng-huang! Mythological Background: The phoenix is the highest and most revered force in the skies. It's associated with power and prosperity, because it is the king of all birds. Mars brings about intense love, passion, and even aggression. It is given the best traits of all beasts - its different parts come from different animals. The five mystical colours in its plume are black, white, red, green and yellow. The Phoenix is a very auspicious aspect in Chinese mythological culture; and its symbol is used only with royalty. Japanese Name: Suzaku

1075764444_thsUnicorn.jpg

Ki-lin A mythical being of Chinese mythology, comparable with the western unicorn. Ki-lin personifies all that is good, pure, and peaceful. It lives in paradise and only visits the world at the birth of a wise philosopher. The Ki-Lin is said to walk on earth and on water. It never drinks or eats dirty food or water. The Chinese unicorn never treads on smaller animals below its feet nor does it ever harm another living creature. The Ki-Lin is the emblem for exquisite goodness, longevity, grandeur, endless compassion and great wisdom. According to Chinese mythology, at the birth of Confucius a Ki-Lin appeared and Confucius died soon after a Ki-Lin was killed, he believed that his writings would not proceed from the omen of the death of the Unicorn.

Well, I am good and pure, but I don't know about peaceful.

This is pretty cool, thanks for posting!

You are Gao Yao! The ancient Chinese god of judgment. On his quest for injustice he is accompanied by a ram. He is also known as Ting-jian.

I'm a horny unicorn. Not real manly, but it could've been worse.

"Long-wang ~ The Dragon"
You are Long-wang!

Mythological Background:

Yes, the dragon represents everything you think of when you think of a dragon - fearsome and invincible. Also, it is greatly respected just because of that fact. The dragon has a very protective aspect to it. Even Jupiter reminds you of intense smashing power. The dragon is almost always surrounded by rain-bearing clouds and fog; and the appearance of its constellation always signals rainfall and lightning. It's also a symbol of authority worn by the nobility and the imperial class.

Japanese Name: Seiryuu.

I think I got this one before in another thread, no surprise...

The tiger. TW

1075850134_MythsPeace.jpg
You are Huang-lao-jun! An important deity of early Taoism and main god of the Way of Supreme Peace (dai-bing dao). He was regarded by the common people as the ruler of the world who descends to Earth to guide and assist mankind

Lol im a true martial artist! :asian:

hmmms.. interesting Move over Mr. C. ;)

You are Long-wang! Mythological Background: Yes, the dragon represents everything you think of when you think of a dragon - fearsome and invincible. Also, it is greatly respected just because of that fact. The dragon has a very protective aspect to it. Even Jupiter reminds you of intense smashing power. The dragon is almost always surrounded by rain-bearing clouds and fog; and the appearance of its constellation always signals rainfall and lightning. It's also a symbol of authority worn by the nobility and the imperial class. Japanese Name: Seiryuu.

Back