Which Chinese mythological being are you?

You are Long-wang! Mythological Background: Yes, the dragon represents everything you think of when you think of a dragon - fearsome and invincible. Also, it is greatly respected just because of that fact. The dragon has a very protective aspect to it. Even Jupiter reminds you of intense smashing power. The dragon is almost always surrounded by rain-bearing clouds and fog; and the appearance of its constellation always signals rainfall and lightning. It's also a symbol of authority worn by the nobility and the imperial class. Japanese Name: Seiryuu.
:)

Bai Hu - Tiger! Mythological Background: The tiger is associated with strength and the desire for a challenge. It is also associated with hope to win, or rather, the blooming season. It is also linked to meandering, or the ability to be in contact with a lot of aspects. The tiger also stands for war and soldiers fighting to the end, for the sake of their country.

"You are Dha-shi-zhi! A female bodhisattva of Chinese Buddhism, whose name means the Strongest. Through the power of her love she managed to break the circle of rebirth for everyone. In the heavenly paradise the souls appear before her in the shape of flowers." :)

1075786155_ythsTurtle.jpg

You are Xuan Wu!

Mythological background: Because the turtle has a thick, solid shell that serves as protection - this animal is associated with stability. You enjoy intellectual pursuits. Also, in Feng Shui (the Chinese myths behind choosing a house), the black turtle's solidity is used to protect from cold northern winds.

If you did not knwo taht when you here midi music and you press stop on the browser the music stops FYI :p

i'm a turtle...evidently not of the teenage mutant ninja kind either

I am the Dragon. Odd, I was born in the year of the Dragon.

i was born in the year of the rat...so i guess the turtle is a step up

Nother turtle here...though I was born in the year of the monkey so not sure if this is a step up or down....

You are Xuan Wu!

Mythological background: Because the turtle has a thick, solid shell that serves as protection - this animal is associated with stability. You enjoy intellectual pursuits. Also, in Feng Shui (the Chinese myths behind choosing a house), the black turtle's solidity is used to protect from cold northern winds.

Well this is me:

You are Dha-shi-zhi! A female bodhisattva of Chinese Buddhism, whose name means the Strongest. Through the power of her love she managed to break the circle of rebirth for everyone. In the heavenly paradise the souls appear before her in the shape of flowers.

Attachments

• $pic.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 173
bignick said:
i was born in the year of the rat...so i guess the turtle is a step up
Isn't the rat the highest animal or "head" of the Chinese animals? I think it's a good thing!

1075771977_MythsTiger.jpg

Bai Hu - Tiger! Mythological Background: The tiger is associated with strength and the desire for a challenge. It is also associated with hope to win, or rather, the blooming season. It is also linked to meandering, or the ability to be in contact with a lot of aspects. The tiger also stands for war and soldiers fighting to the end, for the sake of their country

bignick said:
i'm a turtle...evidently not of the teenage mutant ninja kind either
that would have definately been better than a rat... ;) ...I was born during the year of the friggin' boar...

1075771977_MythsTiger.jpg

Bai Hu - Tiger! Mythological Background: The tiger is associated with strength and the desire for a challenge. It is also associated with hope to win, or rather, the blooming season. It is also linked to meandering, or the ability to be in contact with a lot of aspects. The tiger also stands for war and soldiers fighting to the end, for the sake of their country.

I got tiger. Which is cool because I'm having a tiger with the Chinese characters for courage tatooed on my lower back in about 6 weeks....I chose to have that tatooed because it has personal meaning for me.​

You are Xuan Wu! Mythological background: Because the turtle has a thick, solid shell that serves as protection - this animal is associated with stability. You enjoy intellectual pursuits. Also, in Feng Shui (the Chinese myths behind choosing a house), the black turtle's solidity is used to protect from cold northern winds.

Great. So now I'm slow and stable. Yeesh. I guess I'm a multiple personality tiger!

Interesting that I was born in the year of the Snake and there's one in the picture...

You are Huang-lao-jun! An important deity of early Taoism and main god of the Way of Supreme Peace (dai-bing dao). He was regarded by the common people as the ruler of the world who descends to Earth to guide and assist mankind.

:D

Back