What do you consider is the most dangerous fighting style?

BDuncan111

White Belt
Reaction score
What do you consider is the most dangerous (whatever your definition of that is) fighting style (either within or outside of the one you practice) compared to others and please say why.

This may sound like a flippant answer, but it isn't meant that way at all.

The most dangerous fighting style is the one being used against you. I fully belive that it doesn't matter what style somebody knows, it is the simple fact that they are going to be using whatever they know against you. I know some very high ranked people in several different styles (including the one I train in) that would be a laughable adversary, the other side of that coin is that I know some people with no formal training or very low ranking in several arts (including mine) that I wouldn't want any part of in a fight. It comes down to the intent and desire of your adversary, not the fighting style they train in.

This may sound like a flippant answer, but it isn't meant that way at all.

The most dangerous fighting style is the one being used against you. I fully belive that it doesn't matter what style somebody knows, it is the simple fact that they are going to be using whatever they know against you. I know some very high ranked people in several different styles (including the one I train in) that would be a laughable adversary, the other side of that coin is that I know some people with no formal training or very low ranking in several arts (including mine) that I wouldn't want any part of in a fight. It comes down to the intent and desire of your adversary, not the fighting style they train in.

The bolded part of bydand's response is the key to this issue, I think; since he said it so well, I'm not going to add anything here but my agreement.

All of the styles listed above pale when compared to Sinanju. :rolleyes:

:uhyeah:

All of the styles listed above pale when compared to Sinanju. :rolleyes:
:uhyeah:

True---any martial art that allows you to hang for an hour from the top of the Statue of Liberty has got to trump all the others...:lol:

All of the styles listed above pale when compared to Sinanju.

Yeah, but who has that much gold?

The serious answer is, it depends on far too many things, including your strengths and the type of threat you'll face.

It is all in what you are faced with. There are too many scenerios you could possibly be faced with. This is one of those questions I will answer with, "It doesn't matter the style, what matters is the instructor and your dedication to learning."

It is all in what you are faced with. There are too many scenerios you could possibly be faced with. This is one of those questions I will answer with, "It doesn't matter the style, what matters is the instructor and your dedication to learning."

Yup, that's it. It's another case of conflating systems with fighters. Systems don't fight each other; fighters fight each other. And in the same way, systems aren't dangerous, fighters---and more generally, people---are dangerous (or aren't).

The question is too broad to make sense. If you really want an awnser I`ll say a trained sniper would be the most dangerous to my life. In other words, the art of the assassin.

Going back to the original topic...

Anyone can be very dangerous, regardless of fighting style, or even lack thereof. Yes, even the undisciplined brawler who starts flinging a load of haymaker punches in your general direction.

There have been well-trained fighters who have gotten sucker punched. There are also well-trained fighters who panicked when they were fighting against the untrained.

There's an old saying, that professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs...

There seems to be an eternal quest for the 'ONE' style that beats everything and everyone despite everything. As we know there isn't one so questions like this are wishful thinking really. Bydand and Kacey are right!

Seeing as danger is entirely based on circumstances, you can't just point at one style and say its the most dangerous, much like its impossible to officially declare one weapon the most effective.
Effectiveness is dictated by circumstances.
So the most dangerous style would be the most adaptable one, but being that adaptable renders the concept of a "style" invalid, since styles are shaped according to specific aims and objectives.

I would say the most dangerous style is the one a person has halfway trained in and think they really know what they are doing.
In the end they can end up hurting themselves more than anyone else.

Latest Discussions

Back