Vampire discovered in mass grave

I have an admittedly dichotomous viewpoint on this topic. I am (or like to think I am) a logical and level headed person who looks at everything from both sides and weighs the evidence.

To steal a phrase from Andy (Moynihan) I am a militant agnostic, thinking ridiculous the idea of an invisible, all powerful, being who created the entire universe so we could worship how cool he is. As you can't prove a negative, I can't prove he doesn't exist tho', which is why I'm technically agnostic rather than atheist.

However, undermining that position is the fact that I quite openly agree that we know all too little about how the universe is actually put together and that all manner of phenomenon occur that we can put no explanation to (... yet).

I usually don't choose to talk about it a lot in 'open' fora but some people here know that I have experienced for myself a wide variety of occurrences and events that are inexplicable at present. I put a lot of them down to misinterpreted 'information' but some are not so easily dismissed.

So, getting to the point in the end {:eek:}, the legends of giants, vampires, werewolves and their ilk have their roots in something. They're not all just modern inventions of 'tale tellers'. I'm less likely, oddly enough, to believe in a Bram Stoker Vampire than I am a 'prescence' (as I've experienced one and not the other) but until we can pin down something tangible about either I try to keep an eye out for evidence either way.

I have an admittedly dichotomous viewpoint on this topic. I am (or like to think I am) a logical and level headed person who looks at everything from both sides and weighs the evidence.

To steal a phrase from Andy (Moynihan) I am a militant agnostic, thinking ridiculous the idea of an invisible, all powerful, being who created the entire universe so we could worship how cool he is. As you can't prove a negative, I can't prove he doesn't exist tho', which is why I'm technically agnostic rather than atheist.

However, undermining that position is the fact that I quite openly agree that we know all too little about how the universe is actually put together and that all manner of phenomenon occur that we can put no explanation to (... yet).

I usually don't choose to talk about it a lot in 'open' fora but some people here know that I have experienced for myself a wide variety of occurrences and events that are inexplicable at present. I put a lot of them down to misinterpreted 'information' but some are not so easily dismissed.

So, getting to the point in the end {:eek:}, the legends of giants, vampires, werewolves and their ilk have their roots in something. They're not all just modern inventions of 'tale tellers'. I'm less likely, oddly enough, to believe in a Bram Stoker Vampire than I am a 'prescence' (as I've experienced one and not the other) but until we can pin down something tangible about either I try to keep an eye out for evidence either way.

Some of it comes from Greece by the way from a miss understanding of what they were looking at when they came across Mammoth and dinosaur bones. There is a woman who is an archeologist that is translating some of the lesser known writings (basically a lot of travel log type things) and discovering all sorts of interesting stuff.

Much of what we now consider science was considered odd, supernatural, or simple bunk centuries ago. I believe the world still has many things we don't fully understand or have the capacity to fully explain.

The fact that certain myths appear in so many different locals along a similar time line makes me believe that there is some kernel of truth in them. It's like the fossils that support the theory behind Pangaea, the timing and the similarities simply beg for attention and consideration.

That said, I've had several odd and unexplainable things happen in my life, and I have met many wonderful (and sometimes odd) people in my life. I tend to be annoyed and intrigued by the over-romanticism endowed on things supernatural, as it makes something possible seem...silly, trite, and ineffectual. Perhaps that is the way some people deal with fear or things unknown. (ri-dic-u-lous?...poof)

I, personally, like the world to have unknowns in it, not just because it makes the world more interesting, but because it gives us opportunities to grow, explore, and challenge....how marvelous!

Latest Discussions

Back