Try this out

Tigerwarrior

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The other day I got a training idea. So I tried it out. Basically doing boxing or kickboxing shadowboxing low speed with the minimum tension needed to throw whatever punch or kick you are doing. Try to keep your arms as relaxed as possible with minimal tension, tell yourself no tension(which I don't think is possible, but it will get you doing this right) basically going at like a tai chi type thing. Slow but good form, and relaxed muscles. I'm not sure if this has any benefits outside of improving your form, but alot of people tense up more than needed when striking. I'm hoping if you did this once or twice a week it would stop over tensing when punching or kicking. Also I've heard of this on speed bags before from a kung fu instructor, I know for a fact that method works I've tested it myself before. Now I'm interested in if we can get the same benefit of that training drill with no equipment and shadowboxing. Let me know what you think and if you've ever did anything like this before.

Latest Discussions

Back