Thunder Brand Belts

opr1945

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a "Thunder Brand" brown karate belt, in size 4 or larger. New or with wear and tear is okay. It is for a friend and must have a Thunder label. Apparently they are no longer made. Pro force belts are either similar to, or identical to, the Thunder Brand. None the less, I am looking for one with the Thunder label. If you have one you are willing to sell, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 0
Good luck on finding that. But while you're here, why is the Thunder label so imperative?

A friend is close to earning a brown belt and he has an affinity for Thunder Brand. Apparently his other belts have been Thunder Brand.

So I would like to get one for a gift for him.

I have found several on ebay but not brown in 5 or larger. I thought about trying to sew two shorter ones together, but decided that probably would not work. I have had two ebay sellers list Thunder Belts for sale by name. But they both sent me Pro Force belts! They both said made by same company. Chevrolet makes a lot of cars, they are not all the same.

I have considered removing the label from one belt and sewing it on one of the Pro Force Belts. Kind of dishonest, I think. I don't know enough about belt to know if they are different (since prices vary I assume so) and in what way.

Thanks for asking.

smaller size belt: Yeah, probably would work. Largest I can find, however, is a 2 and a 0.

Last edited:
And you don't want this new design?

You want the old one.

View attachment 31942
actually, that is the Labeled one I am looking for. I found a seller in New Jersey using that same picture but calling the Thunder. I ordered one and got one with pro force label. He said they no longer make Thunder Belts and the pro force is the new version of the Thunder belt.

Looks like your seller is in Australia.

Can you give me a link (post here or PM me) for the one you show. I can't find it.

Thanks.

A friend is close to earning a brown belt and he has an affinity for Thunder Brand. Apparently his other belts have been Thunder Brand.

So I would like to get one for a gift for him.

I have found several on ebay but not brown in 5 or larger. I thought about trying to sew two shorter ones together, but decided that probably would not work. I have had two ebay sellers list Thunder Belts for sale by name. But they both sent me Pro Force belts! They both said made by same company. Chevrolet makes a lot of cars, they are not all the same.

I have considered removing the label from one belt and sewing it on one of the Pro Force Belts. Kind of dishonest, I think. I don't know enough about belt to know if they are different (since prices vary I assume so) and in what way.

Thanks for asking.
Yeah, I'm kind of OCD myself. Just like I can't wear a pair of Nikes with an Adidas t-shirt, just like I can't have Pioneer AND Yamaha audio components on the same stand blasting music through Klipsch speakers... my gi and belt have to be the same brand (So I wouldn't wear a Kaataro belt UNLESS Kaataro starts making gis, OR there's a brand of gi I like that doesn't make belts). But if the brand I like has been discontinued, I'd let it go. I'd get a belt of another brand, and match the gi to it later.

This seller does not list brown as available. Only Blue, Orange, Purple and Yellow. But, thanks.
I think it's odd that someone who started training when Thunder was a separate label from Proforce is only a brown belt. Maybe they should accept the one with the Proforce label? Afterall, that's what the label is as of the time they are a brown belt.

Latest Discussions

Back