This is Where I Was Last Night

Awww NUTS! I missed that...

C'mon Pam, the Letch and I believe you like we believe THIS is a real Tiger

What. Looks like a tiger to me. lol

Parkside Pub walk-in cooler must have been balls to the walls! That's just nuts. I wonder if there is a vas deferens between turkey testicles, prairie oysters, and rocky mountain oysters?

Nice. :)

Yeah, Parkside has this festival every year for charity, but this is the first time I've gone. They have heated tents and live entertainment. It was wall to wall people. But there was NO WAY I was going to sample the featured item. Just too gross! Of course, everyone's like "It tastes like chicken". Uh huh. No thanks.

What. Looks like a tiger to me. lol

Nice. :)

Yeah, Parkside has this festival every year for charity, but this is the first time I've gone. They have heated tents and live entertainment. It was wall to wall people. But there was NO WAY I was going to sample the featured item. Just too gross! Of course, everyone's like "It tastes like chicken". Uh huh. No thanks.

Tastes like chicken.......Sureeee!
icon6.gif

Yeah, that's what I call a six beer treat.

"Beers up, balls down!"

Filthy, disgusting, gaggifying, just-plain-ol'-nastiness.

Chicken indeed. Apparently the taste of chicken has morphic properties as it apparently tastes like everything else.

I'd sooner eat FRIED OKRA.

Chicken indeed. Apparently the taste of chicken has morphic properties as it apparently tastes like everything else.

Fried Okra is awesome

Turkey testicles???:barf:

On fowl, be it turkey, chicken, duck, pheasant, grouse, or what have you, testicles are internal. If they don't wind up as giblets in your giblet gravy, while the phallus has been removed as part of the processing, odds are good that those testicles you're gagging over wind up in the stuffing.....that is, if you purchased a tom. Hens, of course, have no testicles. :lfao:

Turkey testicles???:barf:

You know.... until this very moment I can honestly say without any doubt in my mind I have never even had one single thought about turkey testicles..... And to be honest I wish I still hadn't

I have eaten some pretty disgusting stuff, by western standards, since I married into a Chinese family but I can say that there is not enough alcohol on the planet to get me to consider eating turkey testicles

You know.... until this very moment I can honestly say without any doubt in my mind I have never even had one single thought about turkey testicles..... And to be honest I wish I still hadn't

I have eaten some pretty disgusting stuff, by western standards, since I married into a Chinese family but I can say that there is not enough alcohol on the planet to get me to consider eating turkey testicles
You know that is something that's on my mind ... NO, not eating turkey testicles :rolleyes: but how we westerners view food compared to those eaten in the east. Flip through this slide show http://www.slideshare.net/haveaword/olympics-food-beijing-2008-china-presentation and answer honestly would you even CONSIDER eating any of those ??
They would... think nothing of it either... Sooo why aren't we as "diverse"?
If we weren't I think there'd be a lot less hunger going on here in the states.
But of course it's how we were raised up isn't it? Society dictates what is acceptable and what isn't.

You know that is something that's on my mind ... NO, not eating turkey testicles :rolleyes: but how we westerners view food compared to those eaten in the east. Flip through this slide show http://www.slideshare.net/haveaword/olympics-food-beijing-2008-china-presentation and answer honestly would you even CONSIDER eating any of those ??
They would... think nothing of it either... Sooo why aren't we as "diverse"?
If we weren't I think there'd be a lot less hunger going on here in the states.
But of course it's how we were raised up isn't it? Society dictates what is acceptable and what isn't.

If it helps many Chinese can't stand cheese cake or cheese for that matter :)

Also a lot of people from North China think the Southern Chinese eat strange stuff. Of course this was once told to me by a Northern Chinese person while they were eating something I can only describe as roasted sparrows on a stick. The saying in China is (and this was told to me by someone from the south) Southern Chinese eat anything with legs….except tables and chairs. :)

Tastes tend to be regional and associated with the food that is available. I read something that discussed this someplace and if I find it, and you want, I will let you know what it was.

Watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern on the Travel channel to get a good view of some of the crazier things that folks eat around the world. Xue is spot on with his cheese and cheesecake comment. One man's garbage is another man's treasure as the saying goes. I've eaten the heart of a yellowfin tuna while it was still beating (tradition on the fishing boat I was on) and I've eaten grub worms and termites and ants during jungle warfare school. Termites and ants weren't too bad, actually, but grub worms were a bit hard to stomach.

Latest Discussions

Back