State of the arts????

fatninja

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I 'm going to be a PITA again, I'm noticing people putting new post up here are few and far between, is this becoming an obscure art??

Hey guys, I 'm going to be a PITA again, I'm noticing people putting new post up here are few and far between, is this becoming an obscure art??
I don't think it's exactly obscure. There are plenty of people out there still practicing the X-kan arts. We just don't have so many of them currently active on this forum at the moment. Chris Parker trains/teaches in one of the X-kan spin-off groups, but he mostly comments on other people's threads rather than starting his own. Brian VanCise still does some training in the Bujinkan, but I believe it's mostly as a supplement, with his main focus being on his own IRT system. There are a few folks like myself who used to train before moving on to different arts. I think most of our members who primarily practice in one of the x-kans have not been active for a while. Not sure exactly why that is.

A lot of pita around here? Where's my loaf? You guys holding out on me? I'm Armenian, that's pretty much the only bread we eat.
Yeah I meant the second part of Tony's post lol

I have only been studying in the Bujinkan for just under 2 years, so I do not really post as I do not have much to contribute. I don't think it is as common to find practitioners as other arts (at least in my observations), so I would not expect to see a lot of posts.

Been a long time since I've posted on any message board. I think other forms of social media have changed the way people interact and discuss things.

It seems the discussion boards/forums/etc have been in decline. Folks nowadays seem to like blogs and Facebook groups from what I have been seeing. I still like the forums, but I guess Im getting old, :)

i appreciate the forum i dont like whole social media thing for certain martial arts unless they are announce competitive or to announce seminars that said is there a way to get ahold of certain members here is there a pm system?

i appreciate the forum i dont like whole social media thing for certain martial arts unless they are announce competitive or to announce seminars that said is there a way to get ahold of certain members here is there a pm system?
Click on the user's name, then click "Start a conversation"

Back