Seinfeld Fans - My very own Kramer moment

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last night at class we were doing an excercise where one person stands in the middle of a circle and one at a time a person from the circle would approach with a grab and the person in the center would use a learned control move and follow through, then have to remain facing the direction they fininshed while the next person in the circle approached and so on. We were taking it very slowly as this was a new excercise for us white belts.

It was a mixed rank excercise and the youngest student present was a green belt about 11 years old. He is kind of short but has a husky build. When it was my turn in the center he approached me with a front hair grab. I applied the control move with what I thought was a slow and easy response but everyone started cracking up when I was done.

I couldn't see what happened because of my position, but the kid was much lighter than he looks and when I grabbed his hands and drew back his feet left the floor and when I moved forward again he rolled onto the ground! (It worked anyway)

It was very funny, I really didn't think I used that much force. I felt like Kramer in the Seinfeld episode where he's taking a karate class which is full of kids and he's kicking all their butts...at least for me it was unintentional.

:boing2:

Sil Lum TigerLady said:
Last night at class we were doing an excercise where one person stands in the middle of a circle and one at a time a person from the circle would approach with a grab and the person in the center would use a learned control move and follow through, then have to remain facing the direction they fininshed while the next person in the circle approached and so on. We were taking it very slowly as this was a new excercise for us white belts.

It was a mixed rank excercise and the youngest student present was a green belt about 11 years old. He is kind of short but has a husky build. When it was my turn in the center he approached me with a front hair grab. I applied the control move with what I thought was a slow and easy response but everyone started cracking up when I was done.

I couldn't see what happened because of my position, but the kid was much lighter than he looks and when I grabbed his hands and drew back his feet left the floor and when I moved forward again he rolled onto the ground! (It worked anyway)

It was very funny, I really didn't think I used that much force. I felt like Kramer in the Seinfeld episode where he's taking a karate class which is full of kids and he's kicking all their butts...at least for me it was unintentional.

:boing2:
Let that be a lesson to you. Never ever ever ever reach up to attack or punch an opponent. It not only exposes your targets, but it makes your opponent have a Kramer moment.
Sean

Touch'O'Death said:
Let that be a lesson to you. Never ever ever ever reach up to attack or punch an opponent. It not only exposes your targets, but it makes your opponent have a Kramer moment.
Sean
Huh? Maybe I didn't descibe the situation properly. I didn't punch or attack anybody. I applied the technique correctly, slowly and gently, compared to a real life situation, what happened was I over-estimated the weight of my attacker. It was hilarious. No one was hurt and nothing was done improperly. The incident just reminded me of that particular Seinfeld episode with Kramer as the only adult student in a karate class and taking his training very seriously by disregarding the size of the other students. It was just funny...:rolleyes:

Sil Lum TigerLady said:
Huh? Maybe I didn't descibe the situation properly. I didn't punch or attack anybody. I applied the technique correctly, slowly and gently, compared to a real life situation, what happened was I over-estimated the weight of my attacker. It was hilarious. No one was hurt and nothing was done improperly. The incident just reminded me of that particular Seinfeld episode with Kramer as the only adult student in a karate class and taking his training very seriously by disregarding the size of the other students. It was just funny...:rolleyes:
I didn't misunderstand. I will disagree with that no one threw a bad attack, I was just pointing out what lesson I took from your class. Thats all.
Sean

Touch'O'Death said:
I didn't misunderstand. I will disagree with that no one threw a bad attack, I was just pointing out what lesson I took from your class. Thats all.
Sean
It's cool. :)

Back