school's influence on our children

Rynocerous said:
Although, whether or not the teacher is just out of college or a 20 year senior teacher it shouldn't matter, wrong is wrong.
I agree Ryan, but so much of what goes on in class has to do with experience. A rookie teacher might see the class as the ideal place to put forward his/her personal views.

raedyn said:
yeah, but you knew it was football, so you must speak some footballspeak
Even as I typed it I knew I'd get called on that bit of logic. I must've seen some in a movie somwhere. Probably Blackbeard's Ghost

hey, I never said I was unpredictable (I might be a little kooky, but I can be relied upon for it)

pakua said:
I agree Ryan, but so much of what goes on in class has to do with experience. A rookie teacher might see the class as the ideal place to put forward his/her personal views.
Once again I agree, but even a teacher fresh out of school should know better than to send a note like that home with a little child. Don't take this like I'm trying to attack your comment, please. Though I must finish by saying that even a veteran teacher can be very intelligent as far as book smarts, and experience, and still lack comman sense. That's what this looks like to me, a person a little short on comman sense.

Cheers,

Ryan

On the other hand, it's still OK for teachers to lead students in jingoistic pledges that conceal certain aspects of American history, maunder about the Puritans as champions of religious liberty, crawfish before their Administration's censorship of books from Mark Twain to Judy Blume, take their students to meaningless pep rallies and school spirit days, rant on about halluncinatory programs like DARE, weasel out of teaching actual science for fear some religious wacko might be offended, and drill drill drill students to take pointless tests every five minutes or so.

You have to see the Big Picture. Clearly, academic freedom has on the whole been preserved.

Rynocerous said:
That's what this looks like to me, a person a little short on comman sense.
I think that's probably the answer- and unfort, common sense isn't something that gets taught at teacher's college nor necessarily picked up along the way. (I speak from personal experience on the latter :) )

(I know you're not attacking my comment btw.)

raedyn said:
hey, I never said I was unpredictable (I might be a little kooky, but I can be relied upon for it)
OK, off topic but wth......

If someone was always unpredictable, would that make them predictable?

(Hey, some of this Zenny stuff must be rubbing off on me!)

Latest Discussions

Back