Olá from South America

Silver Moon

White Belt
Reaction score
More specifically, Brazil.

My background in martial arts is limited, I did study TKW when I was younger(STF if I'm not mistaken) but didn't go far in it due to personal reasons.Now I train "by myself" mostly in Boxing and Capoeira, but I also try to dabble a little in other styles like Taekkyeon, Ninjutsu and even HEMA.It feels more like being a sponge and trying to absorb what seems useful or seems to work while ignoring or forgetting what doesn't.It is a process.

What I seek from martial arts is to grow as a person and to be able to learn the best ways to defend myself and those I care about.So you can say that I seek both the spiritual and practical aspect of fighting.

Welcome to the site! One thing I'd warn you about is ignoring/forgetting what doesn't work when training by yourself. There are a lot of issues with self-training, but one of the main ones is that you don't have a teacher to tell you why something works.

So you could learn a move, not be able to work it immediately and discard it even if it's an incredibly useful move because you don't know how to apply it.

Back