Nihilism and Such

Nihilist? as someone else said i find it hard to believe cause a true nihilist is rare. I studied nihilism to a point in russian history as there was a nihilist movement in that country in the 19th century.

This has been suggested and is why I asked the question as to whether there are degrees of nihilism, or a path. I thought the answer or answers would add to the discussion. I know there are bright people on MT, like you, that are much more informed about nihilism and nihilists than I.

This has been suggested and is why I asked the question as to whether there are degrees of nihilism, or a path. I thought the answer or answers would add to the discussion. I know there are bright people on MT, like you, that are much more informed about nihilism and nihilists than I.

I believe that there are all sorts of nihilists out there. Like atheism, it frequently defies strict definition. I have met atheists who state that they do not believe in an anthropomorphic 'God' that created us all intentionally as many religions state, but they're open to the concept that the universe had an original cause that was intentional, denoting intelligence of some unknowable kind. Others simply disregard the concept of any cause whatsoever.

By the same token, many are the atheists who define their own flavor of atheism as 'atheism' and other concepts as 'not atheism'. Likewise for nihilists, I've found. "You're not a real nihilist, I am," was a common declaration amongst the black-beret wearing, clove cigarette-smoking college kids when I was in school.

I'd have to know more about this fellow before i could say whether he a real nihilist or not but i would say yes, there are different degrees of it.

as for calling me bright, Awe, thanks. :angel: You're sweeeet.

Back