Newest black belt on the block!

We've just had a few white belts join the class so now they're going to be looking at me like I know what i'm doing next lesson, not sure how i feel about that!

First, congratulations on recieving your BB. As far as those white belts, your instructor would not have graded you if you did not know what you were doing.

Teaching is a part of learning. The more I get to share with students the more I learn about my own techniques and myself.

Train hard, have fun !!

Hi searcher, well it wasn't really set aside like a test, it was basically a normal class but i was aware that I was under observation if you know what i mean. In my class we do a fair bit of energy training and we did some of that towards the end of the class for the last half hr, being attacked from behind with your eyes closed and feeling when its coming and where and all that sort of stuff. I used to be simply unable to do it, but we do loads of it and I'm getting the hang of it now which has amazed me! The end of the class was me and 2 other blackbelts sparring with the instructor in the middle simultaneously. He was blindfolded and empty handed, we all had bokkens and eyes open. Guess who ended up with more bruises? Yes, us three!

Back