Memoirs of a Gaisha.

Clint Strickland

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well I saw Memoirs of a Gaisha last night, and let me tell you that movie was awesome. I loved it, it was an amazing movie, my favorite part was when she and the Captian finally admited thier love for one another. I'm not a romantic movie type, but just for this once I loved this ROMANTIC movie. If anyone who has or wants to see the movie, wants to post go ahead and do soo. If you have seen the movie post youre rating on the movie from 1 - 10, thanks. Oh and I give this movie a 9.9 .

I use a five star scale, and I give Memoirs of a Geisha 2.0 for forgettable. Other movies that I've given a 2.0 to include Bad Boys II (2003), Beethoven's 2nd (1993), Chicago (2002), Club Dread (2004), Fantastic Four (2005), Jacob the Liar (Jakob, der Lügner) (1975), and Look Who's Talking Now (1993).

Floating Egg said:
I use a five star scale, and I give Memoirs of a Geisha 2.0 for forgettable. Other movies that I've given a 2.0 to include Bad Boys II (2003), Beethoven's 2nd (1993), Chicago (2002), Club Dread (2004), Fantastic Four (2005), Jacob the Liar (Jakob, der Lügner) (1975), and Look Who's Talking Now (1993).

Apparently they're not that forgettable if you recall all the ones you gave the 2.0 score... :rolleyes:

Well Memoirs of a Gaisha was an excellent movie in my and apperently everyone in the theatre's opinion.

I really enjoyed the book and I'm looking forward to renting the movie on DVD when it is released. I just can't get myself to pay theatre price for a movie that took a Chinese actress (no matter how much I ADMIRE Zhang Ziyi, I think it was unfair to overlook the probably many fine Japanese young woman actesses available) to play the part of a Japanese heroine.

Glad you enjoyed the movie Mr. Strickland and welcome to MT! Your recommendation of the movie is noted.

I've been reading about how some in Japan are complaining that it's not sufficiently accurate. As the author says in reply, nothing ever is for experts...like me complaining about the martial arts in a movie not being dead-on.

I've been reading about how some in Japan are complaining that it's not sufficiently accurate. As the author says in reply, nothing ever is for experts...like me complaining about the martial arts in a movie not being dead-on.

I think people are pointing out how inaccurate Memoirs of a Geisha is because at some point during the movie they stopped suspending their disbelief. This sort of thing can happen for a variety of reasons, but for me it was the realization that I was watching a fashion show instead of a movie.

I believe that the movie was pretty accurate, to what a Gaisha is.

Back