McDonald's cook cleared of charges in attack

It's the correct call.

He did nothing to provoke the two women. All he was doing, was to check the 50 dollar bill to make sure it wasn't counterfeit, which is standard procedure at any number of retail places.

The two women essentially started the whole brouhaha, and presented a very real threat. By jumping over the counter and coming after Rayon, they were the ones who initiated the hostilities.

Also, the criminal past of the assailants makes me believe that they would have done this elsewhere anyways.

I would say it was a justified response to a multiple assailant assault by possibly armed persons! its 2011 not 1811! a woman lays hands on some one today she should be treated like she was a man! I have been told for 50 years to treat women equally! besides there was no reason to believe that they did not have a knife or other weapon! as for the spitting, if either has HIV or Hep C, I would call that ATTEMPTED MURDER!!! Its not 1950 any more !

I still think that he went overboard and there was a clear piont where he went from defending himself to attacking them.

I still think that he went overboard and there was a clear piont where he went from defending himself to attacking them.

Not knowing what was going on behind and below the counter, or for that matter, with any other customers, that is quite possible. But he should, and apparently did, get more leeway than a cop or lawyer might have. I am inclinded to think the grand jury must have been presented evidence we don't have, which exonerated him.

That said, he has spent 10 years in a place where no quarter can be given if you want to survive. It isn't an excuse for assault nonetheless. It would be interesting to know what evidence the grand jury was given.

I am COMPLETELY astounded that this guy got off. He CLEARLY went overboard and it is quite disturbing that anyone here thinks he was within his rights.

1. He could have ran the other direction when the women came across the counter.
2. After he brutally struck them the first time and they are laying on the ground in pain he could have left the scene!!!!

Instead he proceeds to strike them again and again while other bystanders shout at him to stop and even make attempts to restrain him!

Sick - is the only thin I can say!

I agree he should have stopped once the threat was over, but we can't tell if it was over from the video. They could have been trying to attack him from the floor, reach for a weapon, or already have a weapon. Who can say? If the threat was over once they were on the ground, the yes, he should have stopped. If they were still trying to attack him, then by all means use whatever force is necessary to stop the threat. Funny how none of the other customers or employees attempted to help the clerk. He was pretty much on his own.

I agree that there must have been much more that was presented to the grand jury than what we got to see . Makes one wonder.

James

His response was a little too violent, but they shouldn't have jumped the counter. All in all, I think it was a good call.

Latest Discussions

Back