Life after fighting movie

MuayJitsu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So just saw this movie and itā€™s very good. I donā€™t bother much with marital art movies now as a lot of times either the fighting sucks the story sucks or the acting sucks. But I checked this out as Iā€™m a big fan of Bren foster whoā€™s not the biggest name in the genre but heā€™s very legit runs his own school and has a great combo of Thai boxing taekwondo and bjj which you can see all of in this movie. Plus heā€™s done more acting work than he has martial arts so unlike 99% of martial art stars he can actually act.

Story is nothing unique ex fighter runs a gym 2 of his child students get kidnapped and he goes after the guys who did it standard stuff but I think itā€™s one of the best martial art movies Iā€™ve seen in ages (definitely better than all that John wick rubbishā€¦.fighting is good in those films but non existent plot and the fights go on way to long )

Definitely worth checking out

Itā€™s available to rent on Prime. Iā€™ll watch this tonight while the boring soccer is blocking all TV channels!

Itā€™s available to rent on Prime. Iā€™ll watch this tonight while the boring soccer is blocking all TV channels!
Amen! Soccer is terrible. But every now and then it is entertaining for a split second. Zlatan which is also a TKD blackbelt is scoring with a hook kick

So just saw this movie and itā€™s very good. I donā€™t bother much with marital art movies now as a lot of times either the fighting sucks the story sucks or the acting sucks. But I checked this out as Iā€™m a big fan of Bren foster whoā€™s not the biggest name in the genre but heā€™s very legit runs his own school and has a great combo of Thai boxing taekwondo and bjj which you can see all of in this movie. Plus heā€™s done more acting work than he has martial arts so unlike 99% of martial art stars he can actually act.

Story is nothing unique ex fighter runs a gym 2 of his child students get kidnapped and he goes after the guys who did it standard stuff but I think itā€™s one of the best martial art movies Iā€™ve seen in ages (definitely better than all that John wick rubbishā€¦.fighting is good in those films but non existent plot and the fights go on way to long )

Definitely worth checking out

That looks great, Iā€™m all over that!

That looks great, Iā€™m all over that!
Itā€™s not a mindless action movie first half is kind of slow as itā€™s building the characters but Iā€™m fine with that the reason I donā€™t like the John wick movies is thereā€™s basically no story or characters. First movie was good half way through the second they just had the same storyā€¦..people try to kill John wick. The. The third movie the action just went way to long action scenes that lasted like 20 minutes. It was to much I like action but I prefer them to have actual stories to them

This is worth checking out to. The lead in this doing a podcast with Scott adkins talking about his training his martial arts and his other action movies heā€™s done he mentions this movie at the end. Seems like a very knowledgeable guy very legit

Itā€™s not a mindless action movie first half is kind of slow as itā€™s building the characters but Iā€™m fine with that the reason I donā€™t like the John wick movies is thereā€™s basically no story or characters. First movie was good half way through the second they just had the same storyā€¦..people try to kill John wick. The. The third movie the action just went way to long action scenes that lasted like 20 minutes. It was to much I like action but I prefer them to have actual stories to them

Always good to have a story come with a movie. I really like the fight scenes in the trailer, Iā€™d probably watch it even if it didnā€™t have a story. And I rarely say that.

Always good to have a story come with a movie. I really like the fight scenes in the trailer, Iā€™d probably watch it even if it didnā€™t have a story. And I rarely say that.
Yeah the guy has a good blend of taekwondo Muay Thai and bjj with some weapon work. If you look at that video I posted of him and Scott adkins thereā€™s footage of him fighting a Thai in Thailand where he drops the guy with a spinning kick to the body. He ended up losing the fight but still impressive

If you look at some of his real life teaching he actually looks faster than he did in the movie scenes

If you look at some of his real life teaching he actually looks faster than he did in the movie scenes

Thereā€™s a reason for that. Itā€™s the cameras they use to make movies, frames per second can distort things.

When you get a guy like him, if he punches and kicks as fast as he can, often times it makes it look unrealistic because heā€™s so fast, it looks like itā€™s artificially sped up. So they have to do the scene over once they see the dailies. (For those unfamiliar, the dailies are the scenes they film each day then scrutinize)

Doing them over costs money. Movie companies hate to waste money, they have to, their costs are crazy expensive.

That guy is really fun to watch.

I think I watched two of the John Wick movies. That was all I could get through. Pretty stupid and mindless.

I did appreciate one thing about them, though. It took the theme of ā€œyou killed my teacher/father/mother/brother/sister/uncle/aunt/third-grade teacher/fourth cousin once removed (etc.) so now you must dieā€, to the next level: they killed his dog. Now everybody (and I do mean EVERYBODY) must die. That did make me laugh.

I like some of the John Wick movies, but Iā€™m easy to please with action: movies.

My broadband service has been ā€˜on the blinkā€™ so I couldnā€™t watch it last night and resorted to Glastonbury and the sickening ā€˜Coldplayā€™ šŸ¤¢

John Wickā€¦I donā€™t get it.

My broadband service has been ā€˜on the blinkā€™ so I couldnā€™t watch it last night and resorted to Glastonbury and the sickening ā€˜Coldplayā€™ šŸ¤¢

John Wickā€¦I donā€™t get it.

It is more of a ballet.

The movement is the story.

Back