Is the Grass Greener in the Great White North?

Zepp said:
:rofl: Nice!

You know what, ...51% of American voters are naive, xenophobic, and ruled by fear...I never had that much faith in the human species to begin with, let alone other Americans. I'm over it.
seems young individual : Maybe head South which is closer for you ;

j lee

upnorthkyosa said:
by JILL PORTER

3. Oh, and learn what a liter is, fast. Also, kilometers and kilograms. And think Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. That's how they measure the temperature. Actually, you might be better off not understanding what the temperature is, because it gets really, really cold there.
Yes, but not all year. Unless you move to the arctic, which most Canadians wouldn't do, either. But have you experienced minus 40? That's the same temperature in both Celcius and Farenheit. And most of the country encounters this a bit in January. *grin* Lucky us!

4. But at least when you get pneumonia, you won't have to worry about affording a doctor. Canadians have free public health care. That means your meds for post-election depression will be covered, too.
ummm... no. Perscription drugs are only covered after you spend more than $800 on them in a year. And then only partially. But the doctor's visit is free! And hospital stays are free! Unless you want a private room. And if you live in Alberta you do pay some healthcare premiums. They do that so they charge less income tax than the rest of the country. Our healthcare system is much less than perfect. But it does work in general. I've never paid one red cent out of pocket for any healthcare I've recieved. Just filling my perscriptions.

They do, after all, live under the British monarchy.
Canada, the only country that got their independence by asking politely.

upnorthkyosa said:
I won't move to Canada. I could, I have the means and the ability, but there are a lot of people who can't. I would rather fight here for them.

I might visit though. The fishing kicks butt up there.

Good. Even though our viewpoints may differ, were still countrymen. Our nation wouldnt be the same if there wasnt room for the types like us to co-exist.

Latest Discussions

Back