Inferior guy pulled a knife on me , how do i overcome shame ?

You are going to be the best to decide this. Trust yourself to read your environment. To give you some perspective. I used to live in a dangerous and there were two types of people who lived there.
- people who want to leave but can't
- people who want to leave and will soon leave.

All of the people I knew from the bad neighborhoods wanted to get leave. Only the criminals wanted to stay because they wanted to control the neighborhoods. If you are a minority that the majority hates then yeah. I would move out. As bad as the neighborhood that I used live in was, most people there really didn't hate others. They were just angry all the time.

The neighborhoods that hate are the worst. In my opinion they are worse than the neighborhoods that have a lot of crime.

Thanks very much

So my last question is :

Is it worth leaving the city because of ( until now) two encounters with drugged and racially superior attackers ?

* I work in my current city btw

* I got in trouble again with a 20 yo guy
( again ex recreational drugs consumer ) who hit me with a rod , for telling his friend from another neighborhood, to stop kissing with his girlfriend near my house after my dad asked him to do so.

* Now that I think about it , it's actually me who is inferior due to lack of ethnic belonging , even though previously I meant the attacker is inferior because I was physically stronger than him.

* Here where i live a guy who has entourage will always be ethnically stronger than a physically strong guy who can't prove him self like me in this case .

I hope I explained very well , because I am trying so hard to solve this issue, and take the best decision.

Last edited:
I don't know why you are feeling shame. Is it because you did the smart thing and walked away? Honestly the outcome is a good one. Any time someone pulls an edged weapon in a fight usually very bad things happen. If you would of fought this guy even though you are bigger and "superior" like you said, a weapon equalizes a weaker person. It doesn't matter how big and strong and tough you are no one is big enough to out fight a bullet or out fight a swipe with a knife to their carotid artery. It's not worth the risk to engage an attacker with a weapon when you have the option to walk away. Your outcome from this situation was actually good, you got home safe. I don't see why you feel shame at this at all. You didn't technically back down and even if you did so what? If you would of fought that guy it could of gotten real nasty. I'm glad you came out unharmed though.

I don't know why you are feeling shame. Is it because you did the smart thing and walked away? Honestly the outcome is a good one. Any time someone pulls an edged weapon in a fight usually very bad things happen. If you would of fought this guy even though you are bigger and "superior" like you said, a weapon equalizes a weaker person. It doesn't matter how big and strong and tough you are no one is big enough to out fight a bullet or out fight a swipe with a knife to their carotid artery. It's not worth the risk to engage an attacker with a weapon when you have the option to walk away. Your outcome from this situation was actually good, you got home safe. I don't see why you feel shame at this at all. You didn't technically back down and even if you did so what? If you would of fought that guy it could of gotten real nasty. I'm glad you came out unharmed though.
I appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Is it worth leaving the city because of ( until now) two encounters with drugged and racially superior attackers ?
Many years ago, I got into a street fight in NYC. Next day I took greyhound bus to Houston. Avoiding trouble and make sure nobody can find you is always a smart move.

You are going to be the best person to decide this. Take into consideration how often you run into these two groups and if anyone from these two groups is a daily issue. Are your encounters getting worse each time? Are you using your best efforts to avoid situations that may be harmful for you? There are a lot of things to take into consideration.

If you have the option to move to a calmer area, then use that option unless there is a good reason for you to live where you currently live.
* I got in trouble again with a 20 yo guy
( again ex recreational drugs consumer ) who hit me with a rod , for telling his friend from another neighborhood, to stop kissing with his girlfriend near my house after my dad asked him to do so.
Ok. You have 2 choices
1. Mind your own business
2. Accept the risks that come from not minding your own business.

If someone kissed in front of my house, then I wouldn't bother. It's not like that's going to be an everyday issue where someone wants to set up appointments to kiss in front of my house. Like in the past year how many people kiss in front of your house? Things like that tend to go away on their own if nothing is said. You can make things worse by confronting someone for doing that. Now that they have a reason to kiss near your house because they now know it makes your dad upset. So when they want to make him upset, they will just kiss near the house. You have to learn to pick your battles more wisely.

Now that I think about it , it's actually me who is inferior due to lack of ethnic belonging , even though previously I meant the attacker is inferior because I was physically stronger than him.
I don't think this matters in your case. You must be smart about what you get yourself into. You can't fight everything that you don't like, nor can you impose your will on everyone. When I used to live in a bad area, "kissing near my house" was the least of the things I had to worry about. I had to worry about getting shot or attacked by a gang Monday - Friday everyday for 8 hours, then when I got home, I just had to worry about getting shot or carjacked.

If kissing in public is a big issue, then my guess is that conflicting cultural conflicts are usually bad conflicts to engage in. Drug users' conflicts are also bad conflicts to engage in. But if you are going to engage in these types of conflicts then you have to accept the risks and dangers that come with it.

I never lived in a bad neighborhood where I didn't know or accept the risk and dangers of living there. The day I stopped accepting those risks is the day when I moved out of the neighborhood.

than a physically strong guy who can't prove him self like me in this case .
I'm not sure what you mean by prove himself like you. What are you proving?

If you live in an area where there is a high drug use then it would be good to move out of that area if you have the option to. The high drug areas come with their own issues that have nothing to do with self-defense. Their drama will become your drama by proximity.

Latest Discussions

Back