Good martial arts films

Man I must have wasted a ton of hours because I have watched just about every movie listed.

Merantau - was a pretty good movie but I really hated the ending.
Kuro Obi - was pretty good also. Again did not like the ending.
All of the Donnie Yen movies are good. Like already stated he shows a lot of verity with styles. His remake of the Chinese Connection (Fists of Ledgen) was OK. He JKD was no Bruce. He just did not have the explosive snappy moves like Bruce, nor as fast. Just did not do it for me in that regards. But many great listed movies.

But seriously I was surprised when I watched Kung Fu Hustle,it was pretty darn good

Kung Fu Hustle and Hero are my favorites.

Kung Fu Hustle just has me rolling laughing everytime is see it and Hero is is just so beautiful to watch with a great story. I think the story is weaker, but House of Flying Daggers is another that is very visually appealing.

Let's see...

Jet Li's Fearless
Black Belt (Kuro Obi)
High Kick Girl ( Had the guys from Black Belt in it )
Karate Girl (ditto)
Seven Samurai
Brave Archer 1&2 (have not seen 3 yet, love the Jademan style kung fu)
The Hidden Blade
Fist of Legend
Sting of the Dragonmasters (Jhoon Rhee)
Ip Man
Heroes of the East
King Boxer (Five Fingers of Death)
Ong Bak 2
Out for Justice
Iron Monkey
The Street Fighter (Sonny Chiba version)
Karate Bullfighter (Champion of Death)
Shorinji Kenpo (The Killing Machine)
Best of the Best
The Fifth Commandment
The Leg Fighters
The Perfect Weapon

and of course...Dolomite!!!

Man I must have wasted a ton of hours because I have watched just about every movie listed.

Merantau - was a pretty good movie but I really hated the ending.
Kuro Obi - was pretty good also. Again did not like the ending.
All of the Donnie Yen movies are good. Like already stated he shows a lot of verity with styles. His remake of the Chinese Connection (Fists of Ledgen) was OK. He JKD was no Bruce. He just did not have the explosive snappy moves like Bruce, nor as fast. Just did not do it for me in that regards. But many great listed movies.

Out of all of the Donnie Yen fight scenes I've seen ( you can watch essentially every one of them on youtube, as well as some of the full movies like flashpoint ) I thought Fist of Legend had the worst. Flash point and Ip man 2 just take the cake for me. His fight against the boxer at the end was a pretty fantastic final villian

Hmm quite a few titles covered here already so I'm afraid there will be repeats in this list:

Seven Samurai
Yojimbo
Ong Bak (Original)
The Protector (Tony Jaa again)
Police Story (any)
Jet Li's Unleashed
Romeo must die
Kiss of the Dragon
Fearless
Hero
Once upon a time in China
Drunken Master
Armor of God
Rush Hour (All)
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Hustle
Shaolin Soccer
Black Mask
The Shaolin Temple
Rogue Assasin
Transporter (not really martial arts per se but some good fight scenes, especially the original)
Kill Bill
Tekken
The Bourne Trilogy
Mortal Kombat
Ninja (Scott Adkins)
Undisputed (2 or 3)
The Quest
Bloodsport
Kickboxer
Never Back Down
Blood & Bone
The Tournament

.... and I'll stop reeling off titles before people realise I possibly have no life and spend way too much time watching movies.... Just a quick disclaimer though, not all of the above movies are great by any stretch of the imagination, some I watch only as a feel good when I feel I'm sucking particularly badly at my own training and I want to see others look silly on screen :p

Enter the Dragon.

I find the wire work in most movies to be distracting. I still like 'em, but it's annoying.

For two of the best movies showing practical application of martial arts, I recommend Bad Day at Black Rock, and A History of Violence.

These are not listed in order of favorites.

Enter the Dragon
Return or Way of the Dragon
Yip Man
Drunken Master
36th Chamber
Iron and Silk (more drama than martial art, but still good)
Broken Oath (a rip-off of LADY SNOWBLOOD, but I haven't seen that one!)
Kill Bill Volume 1
Seven Samurai
Black Mask

Back