Gee, you must be really good

Uke=Attack, or someone who gets beat in front of every one in class. Demonstration and training purposes only.

thank you sounds like that would be perfect for the guy mentioned. humility humbles therefore leading to understanding. hope he gets the picture and learns from it.:)

i personally think egos get in the way of learning. if you enter a situation wanting to learn then you should be humble and like a sponge be willing to absorb what it taught to you

i personally think egos get in the way of learning. if you enter a situation wanting to learn then you should be humble and like a sponge be willing to absorb what it taught to you

If it were that easy it sure would make teaching and taking class alot better.

If it were that easy it sure would make teaching and taking class alot better.

The way I think of it is, humility is part of growing up (aka learning what the world is really like, that it's not all about you, that you put your pants on one leg at a time like everyone else, that there was a big wide world here before you came along and it's gonna be there long after you're gone, etc). And unfortunately, a lot of people never really grow up. Spend a quarter of an hour talking with them and you can still hear the callow, hopelessly ignorant 12-year old they once were, convinced that they are the center of the universe. We get older but we don't necessarily grow up... not sure why that is.

Who knows, maybe serious training in MA will help this guy. When he's been uke for a while and begins to realize that he's an absolute killer punching-bag-substitute, maybe some sense of reality will begin to seep in there... it could happen...

Back